Powered by Blogger.

The Spa Sample Series (4) : Le Masque Hazelia's Aloe-Vera Face Scrub Cream

 Friday, August 12, 2011

Have no idea why aloe vera is described as "aloe-vera" with the dash in between for Le Masque Hazelia, but then again this is the brand that gave me a greasy mask, burning skin and acidic whitening facial wash, so I shouldn't be surprised by anything by now. Spelling problems are hardly an issue.

I really had to brave myself up to try something from their range again, and I comforted myself by saying that I would use this "scrub" to wash off my make-up after work, and then after dinner out with my boyfriend, I would wash my face again with normal cleanser. So the "effects" of this scrub will not be for long. Hahaha!

The sample provided enough "face scrub cream" for one usage. Once I had squeezed the contents out of the packet, I was quite horrified by the smell. Nothing like the soothing, cooling aloe that I was expecting, but something that smelled VERY clinical and chemical-y. Thankfully, it was not too overpowering, or maybe I just got over the initial shock. It is still usable.. hahaha.

The first thing that caught my attention was : "Crap! Those are some big ass buffing beads!" Usually, the exfoliation beads are very small because it's supposed to be gentle on your skin. It's also better because it is exfoliating you on a micro-level. Remember when you were doing living skills back in high school? You would use the "rough" sand paper to do the inital sanding on a piece of wood, but you would use the "fine" sand paper to give it a smooth finish. I suppose Le Masque Hazelia reckons my face is at the roughest stage right now, so they need to do some macro-level sloughing.

Holding my nose, I proceeded to wash my face with this product... and gradually, I started to quite like it. I mean, yeah, the exfoliation beads are rough against my face.... but I quite like the feeling of being scratched all over my face, lol. Ok, "scratch" is a very harsh term, but I guess I have some sado-masochistic tendencies and I *like* an exfoliating face wash to feel like it's exfoliating me??

After a while though, I didn't like it again.. because it was starting to feel greasy against my face. Lol, I don't know how LMH does it. Their products always make me feel like as greasy as KFC. Also got some of it in my eye and boy is it painful.

Rinsed off, and I don't know why, but though I had just been exfoliated, I didn't feel CLEAN. In fact, I had a feeling like my eye make-up wasn't thoroughly removed. It was so disconcerting that I just had to wash my eye area again with a different face wash.

Thus ends my review of this face scrub. Worth buying? I would say no. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP