Powered by Blogger.

Soap & Glory's Peachy Cream Big Butter

 Thursday, August 4, 2011

Since I've finished my Vaseline Aloe Cool & Fresh light moisturising lotion, I decided to use my Soap & Glory Peachy Cream Big Butter body butter as my daytime moisturiser. I bought this Soap & Glory body butter way back when I went to Thailand. Thank God that it didn't dry out and is still extremely usable til today. :)

I just adore Soap & Glory's packaging, and I admit that this is why I even noticed the brand in the first place. Don't you just love how witty they are? The label for this product goes: "SO MUCH THE BUTTER. Apply Peachy Cream Big Butter often and generously over your whole body to reduce the chances of being scared by your own skin." -___- I don't remember how much I bought it for, but I think it's about RM50 for this 300ml tub!

Yup, the body butter smells AMAZINGLY peachy, and it really makes me feel like giving it a lick. ;) No wonder they have to put so many warning signs that this stuff isn't edible. ;)

The packaging is so hard and hardy, I just love it. The entire tub itself is made out of heavy plastic, it feels like it's made out of glass, but it isn't. There's a thick light blue lid over the cream itself to ensure that it doesn't leak out (if it'll even do that... this stuff doesn't melt easily on it's own, but will "blend" and "melt" into your skin easily. ;)

And this is the stuff inside, and how much I've used so far. It's actually the first time that I'm using body butter in a tub. Somehow, I always think that body butters should come in a tub, but I reckon the Palmer's Cocoa Butter and Olive Butter are forms of body butters too, right? Anyway, you realllllly have to go easy with the Soap & Glory stuff, because a little really, really goes a long way. I have to be way stingier using this than when I use my Palmer's Olive Butter. The first time I used this, I SLATHERED it on, and though I really enjoyed the silky smooth softness the rest of the day... I was also OVERPOWERED by the smell of peaches! It was really too much, haha. My perfume couldn't stand a chance against the smell of the Body Butter!

I suppose the smell is a bit of a hit or miss with some. I really like it, but I do agree with my friends who said that it can smell a bit "fake" fruity. So I reckon you have to sniff it out yourself (no pun intended). In terms of absorption rate and how my skin feels after using it --- I definitely have NO complaints. Though it feels "heavy" on first time application, it actually gets absorbed by your skin really fast, leaving no traces of greasiness. Only pure softness.. and the smell of peaches.

I have to say that since this is my first time using "tub-style" body butters, I don't really like dipping my fingers into the tub. It just doesn't feel very hygienic. And usually I'm quite lazy, so it means that I would put on my face moisturiser (another product), and then proceed to put on body moisturiser. But since this new body butter requires me to dip my fingers into the stuff, I have to go and wash my hands and towel off AFTER putting my face cream, which is hardly tough work... but it annoys me anyway. :P

The large size (and heaviness!) of the container and the more "solid" state of the product means it's not really travel-friendly, so enjoy this from the comforts of your own bedroom. Sad to say that Sephora Malaysia doesn't stock up on this, but this makes me excited to try out the Righteous Body Butter that I bought from them recently. It's gotta be great stuff too, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP