Powered by Blogger.

Sephora Lemon Meringue Body Butter

 Wednesday, December 26, 2012

So I bought the Sephora Lemon Meringue Body Butter back when they gave me an RM75 voucher and I had absolutely no idea what to spend it on (giving that there were very limited options available. This was ONE of the items that I purchased, and I often wonder... if I could go back in time, should I have gotten a TooFaced lipstick instead?


The 200ml body butter comes in a hardy plastic tub filled with pale yellow, creamy body butter. Please do NOT breathe too deeply, I have no idea what "lemon meringue" is supposed to smell like, but I definitely did not imagine it to smell like this. It smells neither citrusy nor sweet like a dessert. Really, the words to describe the scent escape me. I find it really noxious and I was weeping when I thought about how I would have to finish the entire tub. Thankfully, after you've applied it on your skin, you the scent doesn't really linger. Unless you stick your nose directly on your arm and breathe in deeply. I am doing that now, trying to wait for inspiration to hit me over the head to tell you what it smells like. I suppose it reminds me of some kind of cleaning agent.... but with less freshness. Hahaha!


You also have to VIGOROUSLY rub the body butter continuously on your skin to let it sink in. You do feel very "oily" after a session, and it doesn't go away til maybe 2 hours later. My husband made the mistake of touching me right after I had body-butter-ed myself and he said the feeling of all the oil made him sick. "Women! Dunno how they can stand all these oily feeling on their skin!" he said in disgust.

On the upside, it is quite moisturising, if moisturising means that feeling of silky smoothness because of all that oil on your skin. Nah, I kid. When I wake up in the morning (I use this as my night-time body moisturiser, as there are less people to comment on the strange scent on my skin), my skin feels nice and soft and moisturised. :) And I know it's not the oil cos nary a trace can be found. Whether it was thorougly wiped off on my bedsheets, or it sank into my epidermis, who knows? The final result after 8 hours is good. :P

Needless to say, this is not a repuchase for me. In fact, I want to stay far, far away from the Sephora in-house brand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP