Powered by Blogger.

Sephora Haul Part Deux

 Sunday, March 18, 2012

Continuation from my earlier post, I went back to Sephora on Tuesday to spend my RM75 voucher. Oh my God, there are so many things that I couldn't buy! Take note that you cannot use the voucher on any products other than Sephora, certain stuff from Urban Decay, Too Faced and Bare Minerals. For the last 3 items, I don't think there's ANYTHING you can buy for RM75. Maybe a lipstick? Or a single eyeshadow? I feel it's not worth it as anyway I have a crapload of lipsticks and eyeshadows at the moment.

Having said that - I am still appreciative of boxsets. :P Which reminds me --- you can't even use the RM75 for the Sephora boxsets. -__-"

I actually had my heart set on using the RM75 to pay for PART of the Carolina Herrera 212 VIP Men perfume. The story behind it is that my boyfriend loves using the Paul Smith Men perfume and I FREAKING HATE IT. People say that it smells "fresh" and grassy, but I just find it really, really weird. It smells like cucumber skin to me. *shivers*



Sadly, my boyfriend loves it (weirdo), so I decided that I should get him to change to something that smells... manlier. My boyfriend really loves perfumes (I think I mentioned before - and he gets me a LOT of perfumes too!) - I got him CK Shock last year, and I decided to get him the Carolina Herrera perfume only because he picked it out and said that he likes it. I think the 212 VIP smells AWESOME. Now THAT is one manly scent, and it is quite heavy and long lasting considering it is an EDT.



"A man of this fragrance is a fun, charismatic and stylish, awakening lust and envy in others.

The oriental woody composition is an explosive cocktail of vodka, passion fruit, frozen mint, ginger, black pepper, lime caviar, leather, spices, amber and king wood." [Source : Fragrantica.com]

Personally, I don't notice the vodka, but I love the combination of spices - it is unique without being overwhelming. It is a bit showy, but what I love is that this perfume smells good throughout the day. The opening notes are just as nice as what is left lingering at the end of the day....

Anyway, I didn't come to blog about men's perfumes, but that is what this entry is winding up to be! In the end, after almost 45 minutes of trawling Sephora, I had to admit defeat and just got two random items from the Sephora bath range. I really feel that it's quite "wasted" to have given me RM75 voucher and I got things that I didn't really need. Some more had to top up another RM10! Grrr....

I got the cranberry & lychee body scrub and the lemon meringue body butter. What added on to my disappointment was that the body scrub packaging was so bad that it leaked! Crapola! If they wanted to give away RM75 vouchers to encourage us to shop the Sephora range, all I can say is that I am most unimpressed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP