Powered by Blogger.

Hada Labo Arbutin Whitening Range : Face Mask

 Thursday, March 15, 2012



Continuing from my HADA LABO winning series - this time, I would like to talk about the humble Hada Labo Arbutin Whitening Face Mask.

There's only 4 pieces of mask inside this box, and I'm currently wearing the 2nd one while typing this out. No wonder that per piece, this mask costs more than brands like My Beauty Diary. It is SUPREMELY effective. You can definitely feel the difference after using this mask - your skin is moisturised, intensely hydrated, refreshed, baby-soft and feels thoroughly pampered! The mask is made out of really good quality "cloth", I suppose my only gripe is that they eye holes are way too big! As I've oft mentioned, I prefer it to be more "fitting" as I imagine my eyebags would like some pampering too. :)

More information about the mask :
  • contains high level of arbutin to help fight dark spots and to restore skin's evenness for visibly fair and radiant skin
  • enhanced with vitamin c to even out skin tone and reawakens dull skin caused by UV rays. Leaves skin smooth and supple with a dewy fresh vibrance
  • skin pH balanced for low irritation
  • free of fragrances, mineral oil and colorant

The last item is what makes it a bit "boring" to use, but that's only because I'm someone who actually likes perfume on her face masks. For those who might be sensitive to fragrance, you would like the clinical scent in the Hada Labo products.

In case you are wondering what "Arbutin" is - it is an extract from the plant "bearberry" which is natural and safe and apparently has effective whitening properties.



All the while, I kept thinking that Arbutin = Albumin, so I was afraid there might be a horrible eggy smell whenever I use the products. Nothing of the sort! So far, it's been about 3 weeks of using the range, and personally although I like my skin condition, I don't feel like I've become visibly fairer. Then again, that's not my end goal. However, I do feel my complexion does look a bit better! Will keep you updated on how it goes!

2 comments:

Julia April 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM  

How long do you leave on the sheet masks each time before removing it?

Leech The Leceh April 23, 2012 at 7:06 AM  

I try to follow the time recommended on the packaging, which is usually 20 minutes, but I tend to forget about it and sometimes leave it on for double the recommended time! I heard that that's bad for your skin as instead of moisturising your skin, the mask will cause you to LOSE moisture instead.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP