Powered by Blogger.

The Grossest Product Ever

 Wednesday, March 28, 2012

This is probably going to be the most nauseating picture that I'm going to post on Drug Store Beauty, but my disgust + fascination with what transpired is urging me to share it with all and sundry. You have been forewarned! There will be a really disgusting photo at the end of the post.

Okie, first of all, I've always been a fan of Lush products, right? But there's one particular item that I bought that I really, really, really regret. It is the Coalface facewash. On the site, it looks quite pretty, like this :

Why did I buy the Coalface soap? Well, charcoal is apparently VERY good for oily skin, and since I was on my WarOnBlackheads moment, I reckoned that my skin was more to OILY than normal. I would have none of that! I thought the Coalface soap would eradicate all traces of oil from my skin, hence, less clogged pores. -___- Also, I felt that it was something rather novel, and was interested to see how "dirty" my face would look with coal dust all over it. :)

It was actually a pretty disappointing affair with this soap. Firstly, since Lush is very "all natural", I left the soap by itself for a wee bit too long before unwrapping and using it. By the time I unwrapped it, the soap looked so shrivelled that it looks NOTHING like the picture above, but more like a real piece of coal! Strike one.

Using it on my face was TOO drying, as my face is REALLY more to normal-combination than totally oily. Wrong product for skin type - strike two. It was also not as "dirty" as Lush forewarned. The suds were a little grey, but it wasn't like there was a huge mess of charcoal bits everywhere. :)

I then decided to just use the soap as a hand soap until it finished. No way would I continue using something that is just not meant for my skin type. However, it took REALLY long to finish, and recently, I spilled over the soap dish and I thought I smelled something like sour milk when the charcoal soap tumbled out. I was so grossed out... I just had to junk the whole thing out. So I guess Lush products really are made with natural ingredients, cos I reckon if it's all just chemicals, it would never go bad. Trust me --- this soap went "bad".

And here's the gross picture I promised:

Ok, I will resume with pretty pictures tomorrow. Promise!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP