Powered by Blogger.

Dear by Amanda Bynes

 Monday, March 12, 2012

When I went to US last time, I was obsessed about shopping at Steve & Barrys. Why? Because it was a store that carried Dear by Amanda Bynes and Bitten by Sarah Jessica Parker. Although it's "celebrity endorsed", it was really, really affordable stuff. The clothes are not super original or ground-breaking in terms of design. However, they were sweet, cute and VERY affordable. Good quality too. I kept searching for new stuff that would be launched on their website.

When I was there, most of the cute stuff I saw online was not available anymore. :( Though I got a few good tops / shirts while I was there, it was not the same as what I had wanted. When I queried Steve and Barrys, they said that most of the stuff that is shown online was snapped up on the day it was launched. And that they don't do online orders, etc as they want to keep costs low.

Out of nostalgia, I decided to check out the website today. I remember that I like the way they styled the clothes, and wanted to see what new stuff I could not buy wtf. Then I found out that Steve and Barrys actually filed for bankruptcy in 2009. -__-" Amanda Bynes and SJP both did not continue the Dear and Bitten line, though SJP went on to be under another fashion label. Oh well. I am just thankful that last time I was obsessed enough to do screen caps of what was being sold as I was analysing exactly what I would grab when I was there! Hahahaha...

Bitten by Sarah Jessica Parker
FYI, when I was physically in Steve & Barrys, I found her line of stuff much worse than the Dear line by Amanda. Amanda definitely has more cutesy stuff. Maybe I just had more inclination towards Amanda than Sarah... Anyway, all items in the store seem to be going for USD$8.98. That's right! Everything from shoes, jeans, pretty frocks and belts all USD$8.98. That's like RM30 only! For a pair of frikking jeans!

Cute vintage blade green peep toes!

Short-sleeve slouchy grey slub tee. Sunny tube dress in dandelion. Belt does not come with it.

Loving the cute magenta pink top!! This was one item I *really* wanted, too bad couldn't find it in the physical store.

I love how they paired a cute teal fluttersleeve top with the eyelet dress. Also loving the shade of blade green that keeps coming up in the line.

I'm not a fan of layering on THAT much, what more with so much prints. What I really want in this picture is the grey empire dress. :P

Dear by Amanda Bynes
As I was younger when I went to the States, I found her clothes more suitable for me. Might be too cutesy for me now, but certain pieces remain timeless and are basic staples. Sigh, the more I look at the pictures I saved, the more I feel bad that these fashion lines no longer exist! *waves of nostalgia overwhelming me*





Anyway, I guess this post is not very helpful because it doesn't tell you about stuff that you can buy, but about stuff that is not available any more. I just want Amanda Bynes to revive her old line, is that so hard?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP