Powered by Blogger.

Formula 10.0.6 Down To The Pore Blackhead Banishing Pore Strips

 Tuesday, December 18, 2012

So at the same time that I bought my Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure mask, I also bought myself a packet of Formula 10.0.6's Down To The Pore Blackhead Banishing Pore Strips. Needless to say, I am very, very concerned about blackheads. I remember that Ben peeked into my shopping basket and he was going, "No no no, that's not the one Abby recommended. She recommended the Pores Be Pure mask! Not the pore strips! For the whole face wan!!"  And I was saying, yeah, I already bought that. AND I want this as well. He shrugged, but had this whole "if it doesn't work, don't blame me. She only reviewed the mask..." vibe going on...


As usual, very eye-catching packaging , even though the design is so simple. I love how they write out the benefits of each ingredient that goes into the pore strip. It makes my work so much easier. A packet contains 6 individual pore strips, each injected with the goodness of tea tree and  kaolin. You needn't me to do the Google-ing for you - the benefits are right there on the box. Kaolin absorbs impurities, dirt and oil that plague pores, while antioxidant tea tree detoxifies. Together, this leaves your nose visibly soothed and smoothed.


Each individually wrapped pore strip looks similar to the box, but with slightly different shade of purple for the font! Upon opening the packet, you can get a whiff of something that smells really medicinal! It's not a turn off, but it's not exactly soothing. It reminds me a bit of the minyak cap kapak that people apply when they have headaches. The shape of the pore strip is also slightly different from Biore's / Healpharm's standard shape. The sides are more rounded, so it doesn't really extend out onto your cheeks like other pore strips do. 


Andddddd... this is how it looks on my face. You see, how "rounded" the sides are? Basically, I would say that it is a pretty okay fit, and it was easy to peel off from the plastic sheet. Seriously, nothing beats the horrid-ness of Healpharm's one, and nothing matches the ease of use from Biore. Hahaha.


And this part here, is where I got it wrong. At first, I was sorely disappointed because after every session with the pore strip, I would analyse the pore strip after and discover that zilch to a very small amount got removed with each strip. I thought that it was really substandard, and not worth the price (it is quite expensive, but I forgot the actual $$. Definitely more expensive than Biore's one, and that is like RM13 for a box). After re-reading the instructions, it's more like a preventive exercise than a cure. By removing the dirt inside pores, blackheads won't be able to form, and thus, there's no blackhead to rip out with your pore strip.

Maybe I'm mistaken (again) and you actually tried this before and removed hundreds of dem little buggers? Or maybe it's a dual thing, just that I keep my nose soooo clean of blackheads (lol) that nothing comes out? I really doubt that cos I used a Biore pore strip recently and there was a few removed... This is like at most, ONE blackhead coming out on the pore strip...

If it's really just for a preventive exercise, then I think it's too expensive to give my nose a mask every week. If it's really to remove blackheads like the Biore pore strips, then this does a very bad job, so stick to Biore instead. Or the Pores Be Pure mask from Formula 10.0.6. ;) Definitely not a repurchase for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP