Powered by Blogger.

Monday Masks : Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure Skin Clarifying Mask

 Sunday, October 21, 2012

Let me introduce you to two special additions to my skincare routine. Trying to use these fellers at least twice a week, but I keep forgetting. I've shifted them from some darkened corner of the toilet to the display right by the sink so that I won't forget. Check it out:


I will definitely review both when the time comes, but today, I want to talk about Formula 10.0.6's Pores Be Pure Skin-Clarifying mud mask. I think I've mentioned before that I bought this when I was in Singapore, under Ben's recommendation. Well, it was actually Abby that recommended it to Ben, who then recommended it to me because he knows I'm mad about stuff like this. I would also like to think that with my curiosity and love for the simple packaging (all fonts printed all over, nothing cutesy -- but really attention grabbing IMHO), I would have bought it sooner or later ANYWAY.

Well, Ben knows about my hatred for blackheads and my complaints about dirty pores, and he said that Abby swears by the stuff. I'm not really keen on "spread masks" as they term it, much prefering the simpler "sheet masks". After using this mask, I'm getting more keen on spread masks because :
:: in fact, you have spread masks on for a shorter amount of time compared to sheet masks
:: more economical by far... I've been using the spread masks for such a long amount of time --- and during that period I would probably have spend 10x the amount if I were to use sheet masks twice a week!
:: more effective --- especially when you're a cheapo like me who buys 3 for RM10 sheet masks that are very dubious

It's quite easy to use, just start off with a dry face :


Squeeze out just a small amount ... spread it thinly over your face. To be honest, the smell is not that fantastic. Smells a bit too herbal for me. It also doesn't look very appetising when squeezed out from the tube. Despite containing STRAWBERRIES, it doesn't really smell much of the fruit. Have to remind myself that it's a "mud mask", so this is what I should expect in the first place.

When I apply it on my skin, I get a pretty tingly feeling, the same feeling I get when I apply "natural whitening" creams that actually contain natural acids to exfoliate the skin. Well, this product claims to contain  "berry boosters" that "go straight to clear out clogged pores". I think I've blogged before about the goodness of strawberries for the skin - strawberry oils contain anti-oxidants, anti-bacterial properties and high amounts of vitamin A & C. Hey, the fruit doesn't only taste good, you can smear it on your skin too. ;)

Rosemary is also one of the major ingredients, and is used for toning and "lifting" sagging skin. Hmmm... a facelift in a bottle? I was merely looking for something that would clear out my pores!

Finally, we have yarrow -- what I suspect causes this mask to smell oh-so-herbal. This traditional ingredient is used to improve skin conditions such as rashes and abrasions. Generally, just to calm inflamed skin. All in all, it sounds like a product to soothe sensitive skin rather than to clear out the pores. However, after I rinse off the mask, I am always left with baby soft skin that feels squeaky clean and clear! I love this mask! Thank you Ben (and Abby) for the recommendation!

The mask dries off to a clear finish --- I had a photo of it, but my laptop was being a bitch and hung on me when I was transferring the photos. They are lost, but no biggie. :\ Oh, there's a slight "tightening" effect when the mask dries off... like when you apply an egg white mask. Quite nice... another "uplifting" side of the mask!

Forgot how much I paid for it, but it's not too pricey. Really looking forward to checking out more Formula 10.0.6 stuff the next time I visit Singapore!

1 comments:

maryk-1212 November 11, 2012 at 1:48 AM  

I just bought this mask and I must say, its one of the best mud masks Ive ever tried but then again I haven't tried many ;D
I love how you explain the benefits of all the ingredients. :)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP