Powered by Blogger.

Lipstick Sundays : Benefit Lip Shine in Kiss You

 Sunday, December 30, 2012


This is my second episode in the Benefit Lip Shine series, based on the "Ticket to Glossytown" boxset that my sis-in-law gave to me. Decided to try a different shade for a change (I'm still in love with the "So Frisk Me" shade that I reviewed previously), and one that I always thought was a bit unwearable. It's a rich purple shade called "Kiss You".


This is how the "Kiss You" shade looks like. Looks a bit scary right? Honestly, I've never tried a purple lipgloss / lipstick before. I always thought that it's more suitable for people with darker skintones. However, it looks very natural if you apply just a single coat. If you really want something that reflects the shade in the bottle, you really have to pile on the lipgloss. I've mentioned before that this lipgloss is not the really sticky type, but if you pile it on, it's definitely going to get gooey.


I didn't post a picture of the applicator last time, so here it is! By the way, the lipgloss smells really sweet. It's not really my thing, but I guess it's better than the chemical-ly smell that some others have. At least Benefit went the extra mile, hehe. The brush is really soft and silky, and since it's a gloss, don't have to worry about it not really being 100% accurate in "coloring in the lines". :P


The above picture is how it looks like with just one swipe. Very natural right, although more towards a darker shade than a pink-tone lipgloss would be. I can actually live with just this much (no wonder my lipglosses last forever). It as a great amount of shine, and there's a healthy color to the lips. Lips also feel moisturised and protected with the lipgloss on. But since I want to show how dark the color can get, I added on an extra coat...


And this picture above is how it looks like with TWO coats. Ok, maybe you think that there's not much difference, and it's still a pretty far cry from the color in the bottle.  Two coats really last a long time (without any touch-up required), I think my lipgloss only disappeared when I had lunch.


Here's a close-up of my lips... love the shine and glitter! You can definitely see a more purplish tone here, but don't worry, not going to be as scary as what it looks like in the bottle. Definitely very wearable, though I think it's more suitable for night-time. I actually wore this to church today, hehe. :P

1 comments:

KeiKeiKirsten December 30, 2012 at 8:00 AM  

*0* wooow! its really sparkley! I can't wear lipgloss too much as it gives me hiccups (.///.) I can barely find Benefit sets like this in our beauty stores (TT^TT) mostly only palettes with multiple product in. I'll have to look harder! ❤

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP