Powered by Blogger.

Monday Masks : SexyLook Intensive Moisturising Black Cotton Mask

 Monday, December 24, 2012

Hey all! Merry Christmas! Hope you're all in the holiday mood. For me, I'm definitely in the holiday spirit as I've been on holiday the past few days (yes, I've turned over a hardworking leaf, and I'm schedulling posts even when I'm away now!). It hasn't been very relaxing though because I've been muthatrucking tramping up and down the streets of Bangkok. I thought I would've lost massive amount of weight by the time I come back to KL, but it seems like I've gained even more, wtf? My ideal weight goal is looking damn damn far off... *pissed off Leech*

On a good note, I've had time to review even more stuff and despite my own restraining order, I've got even more haul posts to publish! My husband said that the shelves are actually warped from carrying the weight of so many beauty products. *guilty* At first, I was a very hardworking reviewer in Thailand, trying out new make-up, new creams... but then I had an awful break-out, which I've never gotten before for so long. It's like taunting me... I'm on holiday and I can't have nice pics of myself! Really brings my mood down. Never mind, it's Christmas! Gotta cheer myself out though I am now fat and have bad skin. Seriously fat, ok! I've never weighed this much IN MY LIFE.

Well, now for the review. This was from my Penang trip early this month --- I don't know why, when I'm on holiday, my skin gets really dry. I don't know if it's because of the trip there (car air-conditioning? Aeroplane environment?) or what... but I will get my dry-skin syndrome. Since I'm already saddled with extra weight and pimples, I didn't get dry skin this round. :-) Small consolation, I just grab it. Anyway, since I was having dry skin, I decided to use my SexyLook Intensive Moisturising Black Cotton Mask. It was free with the Vanity Trove x Watsons box I got. :)


I first read about this mask on Xiaxue's blog, and if I'm not mistaken, one single sheet is quite expensive already. Like RM8-RM10? I am glad that I got it for free! Hehehe...

What is "Black Cotton", I hear you asking. Well, it's apparently cotton fibers with activated carbon fibers meshed together. Carbon is used because it helps to absorb dirt, excessive sebum, and refine pores. The mask says that it will help rehydrate and repair skin, leaving you with a natural, glowing complexion. The mask is also rich in vitamins, anti-oxidants, ocean nurtured black pearl --- all which will help to moisturise your skin, leaving you with pearl-like radiance. Interesting.. using pearl to give you a pearl-like appearance. Why not diamonds so that I can sparkle like a diamond too? Don't need to answer rhetorical questions, btw. ;)

Well, one thing is for sure.. the mask is of REALLY good quality, putting to shame all the cheapo masks that I've been using so far. It's thin, soft & silky,  able to absorb and retain a lot of essence, and stretchable! Except for the gaping large eye holes (maybe i didn't position the mask *that* well), I think it's a pretty good fit. However, I definitely did not look as sexy as the girl on the mask packaging. I look more like I'm ready to rob someone's house.

She's climbin in your windows
She's snatchin your people up

However, the mask was really a nice fit, it smelled pleasant enough (but can't remember of WHAT, just that it smelled really nice!) and it felt oh-so-soft against my skin. I fell asleep while I was wearing it! I don't know how long I slept off for, but I woke up with a jolt when I heard my sister coming in to the hotel room (they had gone for swimming... I had gone for a "pampering nap"!). I didn't want her to walk in and shriek, seeing me with my mask on! :) No matter how long I had been asleep (definitely longer than the recommended time to have the mask on!), the mask was still super wet and cold against my skin. :S

When I washed everything off, my skin did indeed feel very moisturised and silky-smooth as well. There was not even a bit of grimy black stuff on my face, so rest assured that the mask was not just merely dyed black in color! Hahaha...

Not sure whether I would repurchase because it's really above-average drugstore prices. Maybe if they have promotions / boxsets? Anyway, I'm starting to be more keen on "spread masks" already. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP