Powered by Blogger.

Burt's Bees Fabulously Fresh Peppermint & Rosemary Body Wash

 Thursday, December 20, 2012

I started using my Burt's Bees Fabulously Fresh Peppermint & Rosemary Body Wash after I managed to finish the immense 750ml of Body Shop's Sweet Lemon Shower Gel. Not bad, it lasted me for a little over 3 months! In contrast, the Burt's Bees is now down to its last 80ml, and it's been about a month or so of using it. :S Well, to be fair it is half the size of the Body Shop one - only 350ml. But is twice the price, going for more than RM60 (cannot care to remember the exact price). :P


I really like Burt's Bees packaging. With the "hand-drawn" flower, it looks very vintage and charming. The bottle is sturdy, but still "squeezable", so you're able to pump out your shower gel. It has a simple flip-top cover, for easy to reach goodness. As the label says, it's 99.2% natural, so if you care about that sort of thing, I suppose you will go crazy for Burt's Bees. I was drawn to it because I really like pep-me-up types of shower gel for the morning before work, and a whiff of this shower gel instantly makes me feel more awake! That, and the tingly sensation you get all over your body after using it makes you feel like you are raring to go.

((Of course, sometimes it gets TOO tingly. It's already uber cold in the morning and despite having hot showers, this shower gel makes me feel really cold as well! Super intense peppermint thing that they have going on...))


Another product that lists all the benefits you gain from using it on the label! If you can't read what it says, let me quote it for you: "Brace yourself for a fresh burst. Essential peppermint oil and rosemary extract combine with natural cleansers made from coconut and sunflower oils to cleanse, deodorize and refresh skin. Moisturizing glycerine softens while an aromatic botanical blend invigorates for the perfect pick-me-up.

I have to agree that it is really invigorating! The shower gel also feels quite thick, so you don't really have to use a lot of it to get a good lather going. My husband disagrees though, and feels that it is very watery. I think he's been wasting my shower gel! Grrr...




See that golden amber liquid on my palm? That's about how much I use for each shower. :) It reminds me of maple syrup, so delicious looking! Oh, and though I do enjoy the scent, I find that if I use TOO much shower gel, it tends to smell more herbal and medicinal, which is NOT very nice. This is even more apparent if you are the type who likes to switch off your shower while you are lathering up. If you're the type (like me) who still has the shower running, and the hot steam mixes with the scent of peppermint... it's bliss! Really like a spa aromatherapy session! 

Enjoy the scent as much as you can in the shower, I don't really notice it once I am out. However, it has already done its job of making me all perked up for work. If this was cheaper, I would definitely repurchase it. Otherwise... sigh... once in a blue moon indulgence it is...

Found out that I had researched for the benefits of rosemary for the skin before for my Pores Be Pure entry, so Imma replicate it here: rosermary oil helps to tone and firm sagging skin! However, think I'm too young to see anything sagging, so I can't tell you if this shower gel helps. Peppermint oil is also good for the skin - aside from the cooling effect that you get AND the mental clarity and focus from the scent, it also contains antibacterial properties and help maintain skin's pH level. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP