Powered by Blogger.

Chloé Eau De Parfum

 Thursday, December 27, 2012


Now this is a perfume that I've had for **quite some time** already! And because it's an EDP, I find that it's very, very hard to finish. You only need two little spritzes and it lasts the whole day! The Chloé perfume was something that I bought to reward myself at the end of my UK||Europe trip with Ben. During that time, I rarely bought perfume, because I always win perfumes. LOL! Ok, that's not supposed to sound braggish, I promise. Anyway, I asked Ben's opinion on which perfume would smell the nicest... cos I trust his taste la. He says that he has to buy tonnes for his mom, and his mom's taste is even better, hahahaa. So if he can buy stuff for his mom, guarantee good wan lah.

To be honest, this is not THE first perfume he recommended to me. It was "Flower Bomb" from Viktor & Rolf, if I remember correctly. (Incidentally, "Spice Bomb" is what I bought my husband for Christmas this year.) Chloé was perhaps, the 3rd choice that Ben gave to me, but I fell in love with the scent! To me, it's very feminine, romantic and somehow... comforting. It was only after using it for multiple times that I figured out why I kept thinking of it as "comforting"...! It's because the scent smells like HONEY to me! The good kind of honey, and not the crap kind of honey that I seem to keep getting in other products that I use (will be reviewing them soon... promise!).

With the cute bottle and ribbon, it totally suits the girly-ness of the perfume. Yes, it was my go-to perfume whenever I was dating the boyfriend (now husband!).

I was actually disappointed when I found the real notes for this perfume. There's actually no 'honey' present, hehehe. Check it out as below:
Top notes: Peony, Freesia, Lychee
Middle notes: Rose, Lily Of The Valley, Magnolia
Base notes : Amber, Virginia Cedar
[Source :Fragrantica.com]

I love the intense floral scent of this perfume. Some say that it's fruity and tropical as well (because of the lychee), but I don't really feel so. Maybe because I'm so used to Sugar Lychee, which is totally way more fruity than this scent. Although very girly at first scent, it warms to a very elegant base. I just adore this perfume! I would say that it's a repurchase, but at the rate that I'm going, I'll probably still be using the same bottle til the day I die! Seriously cannot and don't know how to finish. I'm not like my husband who drowns himself with perfume each day before he goes to work. If you think I'm exaggerating, let me inform you that when I iron his work shirts, I can actually smell puffs of his perfume coming up with the steam!! This is after washing and sunning! Omg! When I told that to him, he just said, "Good". Geez, perfume should accentuate, not knock you over with a sledgehammer.

The only complaint that I have is that the metal part of the bottle oxidizes to a very ugly rusty look. You can see from the picture above. Probably have to buy something special just to clean it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP