Powered by Blogger.

Asience Inner Rich Shampoo & Conditioner

 Saturday, December 22, 2012

Got the Asience Inner Rich Shampoo and conditioner from a magazine, and took it along with me on my holiday to Penang. Yes, managed to get two shampoo reviews out of a 2-night trip, hardworking, ain't I?


I've always been curious about Asience and their selling point that the shampoo is made for Asian hair. I always wondered, why our hair extra-special ah? Need Asience's help? They didn't mention this in the product packaging (as you see above - though they provided a treasure-trove of other information), but I think I remember reading before that Asian hair tends to be more coarse and thick. Maybe need some extra-special formula to penetrate deep within. Haha.


The sample provided 15 ml sachets of the Inner Rich Shampoo and the Inner Rich Conditioner. The Inner Rich range is suitable for normal to dry, frizzy, damaged hair and hair that is prone to breakage. Seems like suitable for all kinds of hair. 15 ml is really a lot, enough for two usages, but I didn't bother to keep it. Reason? Well, I. .. I ... REALLY REALLY HATE THE SMELL OF THIS SHAMPOO!! I don't know why they can't make it smell better... it smells like olden days salon, very chemically and medicinal and ... I don't know why, but it reminds me of creams that my mom would use. When I came out of the shower, I was actually embarassed about how my hair smelled. I have not encountered this type of feeling before. Asience describes the scent as "floral and fruity". I ptuiiiii to that statement!

If you can get over the smell, I would say that the creamy texture of this shampoo and how well it lathers up are good plus points. That and how moisturised and soft my hair feels after shampoo-ing it. I don't know about long term benefits of reducing hair breakage, after all I had only one use. I feel that if a company knows that their product already smells bad, and their selling point is how well it works, then they should give larger samples for longer term use. Something like a 100ml bottle? I'm so stingy that I would've used the remainder even if it smelled bad, but I stayed in two different hotels for the two nights I was in Penang, so there's no way I would carefully cart over half-opened sachets...

Asience says that the Inner Rich shampoo contains rich natural ingredients that penetrate deeply into hair fibres to repair and enliven dry and damaged hair. The natural ingredients and the benefits? They had kindly listed it out for me as well:
Pearl Protein : Repairs hair by penetrating deep into the core to repair protein loss from colouring and styling.
Shell Ginger Extract : Softens hair and leaves it light and easily managed. Hair is supple from root to tip
Aloe Extract : Protects hair from the damaging effects of sunlight and dryness
Camellia Oil & Ginseng Extract : Natural moisturisers that are easily absorbed into hair and restores its luster from within.

Definitely not a repurchase for me... I can't get over the bad smell! Although I must say, the ingredients do sound very exotic!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP