Powered by Blogger.

Hello Kitty Apple Gommage Rosette

 Thursday, December 6, 2012

Since there are a lot of bloggers talking about the new Samsung Galaxy Hello Kitty phone, let me add on to the Kitty Kraze with a review of my Hello Kitty Apple Gommage Rosette. I have no idea if that's the actual name, but that's what it says on the tube! :)


I don't even know why I bought it, because :
- I don't even like Hello Kitty that much
- I have no idea what a gommage is
- all the instructions at the back of the tube were in Japanese. But based on the Kitty diagrams, it seems like it's just a normal face wash? But in an awesome sounding "apple" scent?


Maybe I'm just lying, and it *is* the irresistable cute factor. Actually, it's pretty plain packaging, considering. (For this review, I am even wearing my Hello Kitty peejaysss, not that you can see the full picture, haha!)

Anyway, I bought this when I was in Singapore, and just started using it, because at first I thought it was a mask. Then when I studied the consistency of the liquid and the graphic descriptions at the back of the package, it was clear that it was a face wash of some sort. I was quite disappointed, but "what the heck" I thought. Using it as a face wash for a few days... I was sorely disappointed. It did not have the cleansing power of my fave facial creams, and it didn't lather or anything. It was weird! THEN... I decided to Google what a "gommage" was and thank heavens for the existence of beauty blogs, otherwise this whole tube would've gone down the drain!

Basically, a GOMMAGE is actually used as an exfoliating treatment. The exfoliating cream / paste (in this case, more like a GEL) is applied in long, consistent "massaging-like" movements to slowly exfoliate the skin. Well, that totally changes how I use this product! For one, I won't apply it on a WET face in the shower. You are supposed to apply it on a completely dry face! I also won't keep splashing my face with water so quickly, as you are supposed to keep rubbing in the gel til it forms little exfoliating beads...

So start with a dry visage like so :

Squeeze out a good-size amount onto your palm, like this! The gel is pretty sticky and not runny. A slight off-white color, and smells gorgeously of apples. This is one of the nicest smelling products I'm using right now! :)
 

Keep on rubbing over your face until it forms little beads like the picture below. Those are NOT my dead skin, I think it's just the gel balling up together. And maybe taking some microscopic amounts of dead skin cells with it. It's quite fun to use, and because the gel smells so nice, you are in no hurry to wash everything off. 

Far off view of my entire face, hahaha. And yes, that funny towel hairband is what I wear whenever I'm doing my masks. RM5 from Daiso only, cheap cheap.

After rinsing everything off, my skin feels REALLY SUPER CLEAN. OMG! So nice!! And I think it's AWESOME as a post-cleanser because it really strips off whatever else your face wash did not manage to get to. And it smells so nice!! And my face feels so soft!! I am really loving this Hello Kitty Apple Gommage~~~~!!!

Would this be a repurchase for me? I am currently REALLY liking it, so I would say YES! But it's kinda pricey. I think it was almost RM30 for a tube, and a gommage is not really a necessity in your face cleansing regime. Well, let's see if I can find it again in Singapore next time... and maybe in other yummier flavors?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP