Powered by Blogger.

Lipstick Sundays : L'Oreal Glamshine Gloss Brilliance in Golden Sunset

 Sunday, December 2, 2012

This is quite possibly, the only lipgloss in the history of lipglosses I've ever owned... that I manage to finish. :D The only reason why I still have it in my make-up drawer is because I wanted to keep it til I've done it justice by writing a "Lipstick Sundays" post about it and because ... lipglosses don't really finish do they? There's always SOME tiny amount still stuck to the tube that you think you can still squeeze out. For me, I've used it to the max, and I should really throw it away. It's given more mileage than I thought possible, considering I didn't really want to buy it, and after buying it... I hated it to the max at first!

I only bought the L'oreal Glamshine Gloss Brilliance because they were having a contest. A slogan-writing contest which is pretty extinct nowadays. Could win diamonds leh, who don't want. Anyway, I just grabbed a tube (didn't even test out all the colors available because I just needed to buy SOMETHING as proof of purchase), and somehow got this "safe" color called "Golden Sunset". It is a peachy shade (which at that time, I only owned pink / red glosses, so it was unique) with LOTS of shine! They definitely did not lie about that! By the way, I think I bought this so long ago that they don't even sell it anymore... and it is quite pricey for a lipgloss! About RM28.90 if I remember correctly (lol, so accurate some more with the .90 added behind).



The lip gloss comes in a very interesting, angular tube as you can see above. It has a doefoot applicator and it is VERY VERY VERY sticky! I suppose it has to be since it has a "guarantee" of lasting for at least 6 hours! I think this is one of the reasons I hated it (at first) because it is TOO sticky. Well, I guess they had to make it so to ensure it lasts so long. So you can imagine lah... everytime the wind blows, I will be pulling hairs off my lips. However, as time went by, I started to appreciate it more because I really can't be bothered to keep reapplying lip gloss, so the longer it lasts... the better. That, and maybe because I started to tie my hair up into ponytails, so need not worry about the wind anymore. *cackles* 



I am also really happy with the color! As mentioned, at the time of purchase, I was not really a peach type of girl. I'm more into pinks and reds... but I find that a peachy-pink tone is really more suitable for my skintone, and also more suitable for work. Also, as you can see from the pictures above, it really does give off a brilliant shine. It's not TOO shiney and overwhelming for work, so it's all good. By the way, don't be tricked from the picture that there's a full tube of gloss left. It's all the STICKINESS still stuck to the tube. I have no way of scraping it all off unless I break the tube! I really don't suggest you do that... 

You might be wondering, why would I write a review about something you cannot purchase anymore? Hehehe... I don't know either. Maybe just to share my happiness over finishing a product? And to share that trends fade so fast that something that was all the rage a few years back is totally off the market now? :P By the way, I didn't win the diamonds from L'oreal either! *hmph!*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP