Powered by Blogger.

Monday Masks : Simply Beauty Greece Carnation Silky Mask

 Monday, December 3, 2012

Haven't been using sheet masks a lot because I'm now busy trying to finish my awesome Formula 10.0.6 mask (scroll further down to find the review!)... plus I have a lot of old entries that I haven't finished reviewing! This mask was actually used when I was... *drumroll* getting ready for my wedding! That was... months ago. My friend told me that one week before her annual dinner, she used one sheet mask daily. I was thinking... so much effort just for annual dinner? Then for wedding dinner I should use one mask a day for TWO weeks, right? Anyway, in the end I just went for a (very good) facial, and used a few sheet masks. Honestly, it didn't make that much of a difference, but at least I didn't have a ginormous zit on my nose or something terrifying like that.


I used this sheet mask from Simply Beauty called "Greece Carnation". This is from their "A Kiss From Flora" series, and you can see all these beautiful, flowery sheet masks on display in any Watsons / Guardian pharmacy. The flowers look so inviting, like what is within is actually seeds for growing the flowers, and not something that contains the flower essence, to be smeared onto your face. =p I was spoiled for choice, but in the end decided on the Greece Carnation one because it was supposed to be for nourishing purposes. Other flowers have different benefits, like whitening, moisturising and so on. 

The sheet mask is very thin and there is a LOT of essence in the packet, so everything really sticks to your face properly. As you can see from the picture above, it is a pretty good fit. What I didn't like was how STINGING this felt on my skin. I would understand it if this was a whitening mask, and there are "natural acids" to exfoliate my skin. However, this is a NOURISHING mask. My face expected to be pampered and feeling all comfy. Instead, felt like screaming down the streets of Subang and tearing the mask off my face.

Of course, I didn't do that. But I only kept it on for the bare minimum of time advised on the packaging. Usually, I let everything soak in properly, enjoying the aromatherapy. This has not much of a memorable scent, so kind of a disappointment in that area too.

The product claims to enhance skin elasticity, fight wrinkles and brightens the skin. Hmm... I didn't really feel that it benefited me in any of those area. My skin felt extra clean and more moisturised after using the sheet mask, but that's about it, lol. Looking at the ingredients list, I see hyluronic acid which would explain why it was so stinging for me. It's probably to exfoliate the upper layer of the skin, which could contain dead skin cells, thus creating a "brighter" visage. I think they should tone it down a bit, cos it was really painful for me. Maybe I just have very exfoliated skin already? :P

Looking up on carnation oil, it contains anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it ideal for treating eczema , rashes and rosacea. It is also said to reduce wrinkles!! However, it didn't mention whether it should specifically be a Greece carnation. Apparently all carnations contain these benefits.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP