Powered by Blogger.

Biore Marshmallow Whip Cleansing Foam

 Friday, December 14, 2012

So I bought in to the hype of the Biore Marshmallow Whip and I bought some when I was in Singapore. In fact, I currently have TWO Biore Marshmallow Whip cleansing foam because I was such a greedy bitch - stocked up when I was in Singapore, and the second time I went back, I forgot to bring any facial cleansers. I decided to buy a new one in Sg, and I selected this again because of the hype. I thought it was definitely gonna be good, so might as well buy again lah. I have one for normal skin and one for dry skin (extra moisturising). Currently, I am using the extra moisturising one, which comes in a light yellow bottle, as opposed to the usual pink color bottle.


  Okie, so what is this big HYPE over Biore Marshmallow Whip cleansing foam? Well, apparently they said it is less HARSH on your skin compared to other normal facial cleansers, because it is cleaning with foam, as opposed to usual cleansers. One blogger even said that you can "throw away all the regular facial cleansers" after using this revolutionary one. You see lah, whether that feller will still advertise for regular cream / liquid cleansers la, trololol. On her ad, you can also see that her "one pump" releases a HUGE amount of foam. This is how much I got with ONE pump : 


It is seriously HALF the size of the amount that she shows on her blog! I have to use two pumps for one washing. So, one bottle which gives 150 pumps ends up with me only have 75 uses instead of 150 uses. Which, if you wash your face twice a day like a normal person, will only last you a little over a month! True enough, I finished the bottle in about 1.5 months. Maybe use a little longer cos sometimes I bathe in the gym and I have a separate bottle for that. Or sometimes neurotic and wash the face more than twice a day. Anyway, it adds up. 

  

Yeah, this is more like the amount that I used! And looks more like the amount that the blogger shows in her posts! 

So back to the story about why it is better to wash with foam, and how bubbles are LESS harsh on your skin. Apparently, even if you lather up your normal cream / liquid face wash, apparently the bubbles are STILL not as fine as the ones from Biore because ... I donno la. Maybe because of the pump and other Japanese technology. They put their bubbles under a microscope to show you and all. And the "ultimate" test on the "marshmallow whip"? Can you turn your hand upside down and make sure that the foam doesn't slide down your arm? 


With the small amount on my hand, it doesn't slide down la... but with two pumps, it started sliding down anyway, so #fail, please. Lol! By the way, sorry for the foggy pictures, I won't waste my products by pouring them out for picture purposes. Hence, I am actually taking pictures in the shower, hahaha. And yes, it's very steamy pics indeed wtf. 

Anyway, to really change your life-style and not touch your face so much, I think it's not just about not using normal cleansers anymore and only changing to foam cleansers. Even when using foam cleansers, you have to be careful about the way you rub your face. No point to use foam cleansers and still vigorously scrub your palms across your face! Apparently you have to follow some gentle tap-and-brush kinda technique. Please! Takes 10 minutes to wash your face, especially since I don't find this cleanser especially "strong". I'm sure if you lather up your regular cleanser and do gentle tap-and-cleanse technique, it will still work. Be careful of the "rough bubbles" though! Hahhaa!! 

And how long can you avoid touching your skin anyway? When you apply moisturisers? Eye cream? Toner? Popping pimples? Rubbing your nose? Pinching blackheads? I think even if you use a cotton pad and brush lightly for toner, it's definitely gonna be harsher than bubbles right? So I call bullshit on this please. You can make yourself feel better about how gentle you are being, but if your genes are farking you up, then it's just too bad already, honestly. 

Maybe you think I'm being extremely mean about this product. Well, it's not that I hate it that much, but I really think that it's misleading to say that by using this product, it is more gentle / helpful on your skin. I think it's paying a lot of money for a lot less! Seriously, I can get products at half the price for double the amount, and I won't see that my face got extra bruising from rough bubbles and what not. 

On the upside, the cleansing foam can help clear up my made-up face, and leaves it feeling clean, soft and moisturised. It doesn't have any notable smell, so I suppose it is good for those with sensitive skin and noses. But for the price... really a no-no for me. Too expensive (like RM17 if not mistaken) [Edited to add : Just reread my original haul post and found out it is actually SGD13.90 FML] and only lasts for 1.5 months! Madness! And towards the end, I need about 10 pumps to get a normal size amount out. It's not like 150 consistent amount of foam dispensed. Is there some fine print that I missed out on? Or did I get a really defective bottle?

Yeah, it's fun to use lah. For the first two times. After that, you will feel ripped off. I think Biore realised this is not a really good product, hence had to pay extra for advertising. And they know Malaysians are generally stingy, so no wonder they don't sell it here. Hahaha! Good on ya. I don't want to buy anymore also.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP