Powered by Blogger.

Body Shop Sweet Lemon Shower Gel

 Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hola! Finally got some time to blog, so I'm writing more and schedulling entries! I talked about "My Citrus Life" a while back, and now it's time to review the products that I'm using. Well, it's about 1/3 gone, which I suppose is a fair amount of time to test a product before reviewing it. Starting with --- my daily shower accompaniment - Body Shop's Sweet Lemon shower gel!


 

Bought this when it was one sale for 50% off. Don't remember how much exactly, but probably between RM25-RM30, which I feel is darn cheap for a Body Shop shower gel which is 750ml! However, the scent is just not zesty and invigorating enough for me. It really is a "sweet lemon" smell. More like a lemon gummy. Yes, the citrus is there, but it's more candy-like than anything else. For that, I feel pretty disappointed with this shower gel and would not repurchase it again. 

The reason for the "sweet" smell? Apparently this shower gel contains community fair trade honey from Ethiopian beekeepers. The beekeepers build their hives using whatever they have on hand. You could find them making hives out of old baskets, clay pots, grass and bamboo. This is apparently better for the bees (healthier for them!) and is more sustainable than other methods of beekeeping which will involve logging activities. So feel good when you are using this product! You are helping the Ethiopian beekeepers. =p

Aside from the lack of zestiness, the other that gets to me is that I have to use SOOOO much of this product to get a good lather and to actually get a nice-smelling aroma wafting around the toilet. I think I use 5 pumps of this shower gel PER shower! That's 10 pumps a day! No wonder I am using so much of it so fast. Maybe you think I have a huge area of skin to wash... but I say that when I try to "save" and use only 2 pumps... I just don't feel clean and fragrant enough. And then I will "shower" again with another 2 pumps or so. So might as well just have 5 pumps in one go. 

All in all, probably a good buy in terms of cost and in terms of the feel-good factor (helping beekeepers, hahaha!), but not a repurchase as I like tingly, zesty fragrances that perk one up in the morning (more lemon rind please!) and a nice, thick lather. 

Is that too much to ask for?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP