Powered by Blogger.

Neutrogena Deep Clean Blackhead Eliminating Warming Treatment

 Friday, August 24, 2012

So I bought the Neutrogena Deep Clean Blackhead Eliminating Warming Treatment as part of my mission to eliminate all blackheads from my nose. I remember buying the face wash (finished ages ago) and toner (still using now) and this warming treatment at the same time. All in all, it cost me about RM70+ for the whole set. And this warming treatment is supposed to be an additional step in your skincare routine. You only get 6 pieces of 5g tubes of warming treatment, so you don't have to use it everyday! You might think it's very little, but you don't use much each time, and honestly, it's kinda crap in my opinion so I forget to use it. Which explains why I currently have so much on hand.


You might be asking .... why did you even buy it in the first place? Well, I have to say it's because I will try anything once you say it will get rid of blackheads. Secondly, because it seems so cool! This warming treatment is pretty unique. It says that once you put it on your skin, it will warm up to 40 degrees celcius. However, they are kinda vague as to how this will help? The instructions basically say, "Use the gentle power of  warming sensation to help eliminate blackheads." Er... yeah, very helpful. So how would that differ from say, using a warm washcloth? Perhaps one would say, it's less troublesome... but let's see if really does help, aye? FYI, I had a facial session with Cellnique again recently, and they told me they REALLY advise against customers pinching out their own blackheads as we are usually "rougher". I don't know if they're just sayin', cos I don't feel her being any more gentle on my blackheads than I am...


The tube is REALLY small, and it can be easily hidden inside my fist. ;)

 

Unhelpful suggestions / instructions, in my humble opinion. 

Clear liquid that really does warm up really quickly once it reaches human contact. Hence I was very, very "stingy" when taking this photo. I didn't want to pool out too much and let it go to waste! The "warm sensation" fades off really quickly. Although you can't see it in this picture, I do feel that the liquid is a little bit grainy. Exfoliating properties? 

This is a picture of my nose BEFORE the blackhead treatment:



 And this is a picture after :

Personally, I don't feel like it made an amazing difference. If there's any difference, it's probably just how it looks like after a normal cleansing. Plus,  the more I look at this enlarged picture, the more I feel that there's still dirt trapped there! And yes, my nose is a little red because I couldn't resist pinching out some dirt.

After all, warming sensation could be based on the idea that our pores open up when it is warm and pores shrink when it is cold. Technically, the warm sensation should be to open up the pores so we could clean out the dirt better? So should this treatment be used before "operating" on one's nose? To me, it didn't make a damn difference how much easier it is to squeeze out dirt before or after... it's my nose, man. It's gonna hurt if I pinch parts of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP