Powered by Blogger.

Random Happy Buys From Singapore

 Wednesday, August 29, 2012

So, couldn't resist blogging about new purchases... I think that's my favorite type of post to write. Haul posts! Must really restrain myself though because married life = new responsibilities. I have a budget to balance with the hubby! And one of us can't keep spending on things that will go down the drain (ie: soap suds).

Starting with a picture to depict what I bought in Watsons that garnered me a free Vanity Trove beauty box. The answer? Not much.


I was actually looking for things to use during my holiday because I stupidly forgot to pack a lot of beauty products from my house to my husband's new house. Hence, when we packed for the trip, I was missing a lot of stuff. I *did* think about buying stuff around his area to go on the trip, but I knew that I would probably be buying more beauty stuff in Singapore, so I might as well kill two birds with one stone. My husband was appalled at how much these few items cost me! One is the Biore Marshmallow whip face wash (that I actually bought before but still haven't used until now! **gulp**). This one is for dry skin though, which was what I had in SG! My skin was flaky and dry because of all the make-up the MUA piled on my face during the wedding. Grr...

Also bought a 3 pc set of color eyeliner, gel eyeliner and mascara from Clio. Apparently a best-selling brand in Singapore (as voted by Cleo Singapore users). I was actually more curious about the color eyeliner and the gel eyeliner (in pencil form!), but there was a special offer for this pack of 3, so I just grabbed it. Also bought a smallllllll Canmake peach blusher because I can't do without blusher! Also can't do without body moisturiser, and the most enticing product on the shelves was Body America body butter in a green apple scent. Not bad product, will be reviewing after this. ;)

The ribena is just there to push my total purchases into the SGD$80 range to get the free Vanity Trove. Yes, that's how much I spent on my first day in Singapore. Sigh... carelessness never pays! (Honestly, if I remembered to bring my stuff, I probably would not have bought the Biore, the Canmake blusher and the Body America body butter cos that's really pricey! However, all 3 are pretty good products, so at least no buyer-regret.)



Later that evening, bought these two bottles of Dial from Carrefour in Suntec City. We usually frequent that place because that's where NCC is! Loving all these new different types of shower gel "flavor". :P (I always say flavor cos it looks good enough to eat! :P)

Got 3 fruity lovelies from Freeman, cos they were going cheap in Guardian. Plus, I've always wanted to try stuff from the brand. I usually don't get it because they use "spread masks" instead of sheet masks, but a lot of people are hyping spread masks more cos it's more economical. I definitely agree to that statement, but it's also so boring! Hahaha. For the price I paid for a Freeman tube of facial masks, I could probably only get 2-3 sheet masks! And I'm guessing the Freeman one would probably last for months!

To emphasize my point, I also bought this Kiki Lala 2-step mask from Guardian. The price of the mask is probably 70% the cost of one of my Freeman masks. :$ 


Also bought the Guardian magazine. Yes, Guardian also has an in-house magazine like Watsons! I don't know how long it's been circulating, only noticed it during this trip. Lots of freebies, I like! From Ginvera BB cream to Colgate mouthwash and toothpaste, a packet of Goat's milk powder (random!) and hair loss shampoo for people with greasy hair! Lol, so specific!

Happiest haul time of all ~~~ finding Lush!! It's located at Wisma Atria and I seriously followed my nose to the shop! Personally do not find the assistants as helpful as the ones in US / HK... they only started treating me nicely when they saw that I was already going to buy a few items. And they didn't give my husband free soap sample (like in HK! Hahaha...). I repurchased Dream Cream as I had been planning to, got Celestial (face moisturiser) - they didn't have Creme Anglaise, but I doubt I would've bought something so pricey anyway! Got a huge bottle of American Cream - my most favorite conditioner ever ever!! So so happy with this! HK didn't have it cos they sold out!

Got a slice of Karma soap, another bottle of Dirty Springwash for my husband and was recommended Eau Roma Water by the SA. I don't usually use toner, but she said it would help Celestial absorb better, so I bought it. It's not too pricey anyway...

In short, this was more of a repurchasing of oldies but goldies instead of a haul of completely new products. I don't really mind because I didn't see many new things that I haven't tried before there. Hahaha. My husband liked the Grass shower gel though. I was so adamant that he does NOT get it. It really smells like someone had just mowed the lawn and you roll around in the grass clippings. NOT my thing!

On my 2nd last day in Sg, I popped by Robinsons and out came my wallet again. Bought Spring Water shower gel from Dial (this is the one I used in US last time and liked so much. Still like the scent!), two bottles of Theramed (don't diss this toothpaste til you've tried it!) and the OPI New York City Ballet nail polish. I don't usually wear nail polish (I think I keep mentioning this!) and I've got tons of new nail polish thanks to Yuberactive... however, I wanted something that looks more subtle and polish. I've noticed the NYC Ballet set some time ago, but never felt inclined to buy it. I think it was the holiday shopping spirit that overcame me...

I was literally SHATTERED to see the glitter polish was actually, well, shattered too. I only found out when I tried to slide the bottles out and polish my nails ASAP. It was so difficult to remove, and I realised that there was a strong smell of acetone. It was only when I ripped the box out from the other side that I saw that the bottle was a goner.

Was so sad cos it's not a cheap purchase! If it was a cheapie box set, I might've just said what the heck... cos I hate going through customer service. My husband kept motivating me to just do it, so I got it exchanged. It was NO PROBLEM AT ALL! The staff at Robinsons was really helpful. :) And when I got my new set of nail polish, I really pried open the box then and there to ensure that everything was intact.

Woo... now my shopping hunger has been satiated... now to just wait for the credit card bills. Gulp!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP