Powered by Blogger.

Lush Haul 2011

 Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Came back from HK and the first thing I wanna show off to you (among all the beauty products that I bought..!) is my Lush haul! To be honest, it's not much of a haul because the Lush store in Langham Place is not as big as any random store I went to in London, but I'm definitely NOT complaining because I've been so deprived of Lush goodies for so long! A lot of my favorite products seemed to have been discontinued - e.g: Mirror Mirror, but there's also a lot of new stuff to try!

The Langham Place store is considered one of the biggest on HK Island already (if I'm not mistaken) as the rest are just kiosks. This one is located inside Seiibu in Langham Place. Just follow your nose and you will get there. The salesgirls are friendly and nice, and despite some slight communication problems (I'm not that good in cantonese, she's not that good in english), it was allllll good. The place mainly stocks up on soaps, bath fizzies and bath bombs. Just two mini shelves for the shampoos and shower gels (sacrilege) and another mini shelf with the skincare stuff. There was really not much choices for shower gels and shampoos - they only stock the really really best of the best bestsellers. So this is what I wound up with :

A lot of soaps this time around! All in all, I bought :
a. Happy Hippy shower gel
b. Dirty Springwash shower gel
c. Dream Cream moisturiser
d. The Godmother soap
e. Honey, I Washed the Kids soap
f. Miranda soap

... and got a free bottle of Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo and two soap samples - Demon in the Dark and Noubar (I think it's Noubar? I don't know the name since the girl said it in cantonese, but this is the only soap that matches anything else on the website). Actually, the Demon in the Dark soap is for my boyfriend. He kept sniffing at it, but refused to buy some, even though I said it was nice (tried it before!) AND offered to pay for him. So the salesgirl gave him a slice. He was so happy, and shy. :) Hahahhaa.


I was especially upset that they didn't have American Cream - my favorite strawberries and cream conditioner. Apparently it completely sold out in HK. Arghh! I was also looking forward to trying Gorgeous / Imperialis / Celestial (you can check out my old lust list here), but they didn't have it. Don't know if the store is small, or if it's also another old and discontinued range. What I was REALLY happy with was the huge range of soaps on display and the salesgirl was happy to let me sniff as much as I want.

I wound up getting The Godmother because it's got a really sweet yet fruity scent that isn't overpowering, but memorable. In contrast, Rockstar is like The Godmother on steroids... it's soooo overwhelming. Cannot take it. I got Honey I Washed The Kids because I've been lusting for it for soooooo long. Got a huge mutha chunk of it! Can't wait to use it. And I got Miranda as well because I like the fruitiness of it, though to be honest, it's not very strong smelling or memorable, so I'm kind of regretting it now. *Oops*

I didn't get Sultana of Soap after all because it didn't smell as good as I remember it to be. On the contrary, Karma, which is one of the bestsellers (and I never knew why - cos I hate the smell!!) is suddenly growing on me! I suddenly quite like the scent (on the soap), and I'm tempted to get it. However, all this while I've NEVER liked it. So I think I'll withhold for the moment. Anyway, 3 huge bars of soap will take me some time to go through. :P

Ooh, was also super tempted with the Ice Blue soap! It really does smell super minty and refreshing and tingly! However, since I got the Dirty Springwash shower gel, I thought that I shouldn't overload on the minty feeling. Besides, minty feeling duplicates are easy to get from other brands, but I don't think you can duplicate the luscious scents of The Godmother and Honey I Washed the Kids so easily. :)

Was disappointed in their latest shower gel though - Grass. It really smells TOO much like grass! It made me think of the ((insert race)) gardener trimming the cow grass for my neighbour... bleh. Overload! Do not want! Forgot to sniff at the Flying Fox though. And I thought that I didn't like the way Happy Hippy smelled the last time I was in Lush... but now I love it!! How could I not love it?? It smells so fruity and yummy! And look at that oozing golden liquid! Can't wait til I jump into the shower stall with it. :)

I think I got quite a sizable amount of stuff to try out, so no major bitchfitz about the place being poorly stocked up. Besides, my boyfriend loves Hong Kong so much that he wants to make this an annual thing, so it probably won't be long til I'm back to restock. Hee hee! :) *heart*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP