Powered by Blogger.

Yuberactive Review : Sally Hansen Hard As Nails XTreme Wear in Blue Me Away

 Tuesday, September 27, 2011

When I got this nail polish from Yuberactive, I was really thinking - WOW, that's a REALLY vivid shade... definitely not something I can wear to work! But it looks so fun, and I think it's really in trend now. I mean, smurfs are the in thing right now, right? And the Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear's "Blue Me Away" is such a smurfalicious color!

I was really curious about the "Xtreme Wear" tag. Was it referring to the color or to how long it would last? Anyway, I still had very high expectations of the nail polish, simply because it's Sally Hansen. Come on, who HASN'T heard of Sally Hansen? If anyone were to name the top 5 nail polishes on the market, I'm sure Sally Hansen would be one of them. I've always wanted to try their nail polishes, but I had the notion that it's really expensive. Apparently, this bottle only costs RM19.90 for 11.8ml. That's actually really cheap compared to some other drugstore brands!

The "Blue Me Away" shade is really fun, very vivid and just gives a very chill, summery feel to it. Maybe it's because the blue is like a cartoony shade for the sky or the sea... I think it would look great with flip-flops! Me and my lounging on the beach ideas!

The large brush and the good quality nail polish made painting my nails a cinch. However, the brush also ensured that each application came on quite THICK, and this meant that one coat was really all that you need. Anything more is pure wastage IMHO. A big MINUS for me for this nail polish was that it took so long to dry. I have no idea if this is due to how thick it came on, or that this is just the way it is. After all, it didn't guarantee me fast-drying, did it? But it was so so bad that after 10 minutes, I reckoned it was done, and I went out in my slippers. When I came back, I saw that the nail polish from some of my toe nails were smeared! Argh!

Not exaggerating, but after 30 minutes, my nails still didn't feel completely dry. It had that rather unpleasant "sticky" feeling, like if I pressed my nail against something too long, it was surely going to leave a mark there. -___- Very big thumbs down here.

But I was right, and it looks really cool with my flip-flops on. And I wore it the whole time I was in Hong Kong, just to see how long the nail polish would last. :) And guess what? A lot of gals in Hong Kong were spotting this shade too! I'm telling you, this smurfy blue is really gonna be the new "it" color. :P

The verdict on how long it lasts? Well, after a week, there was VERY little chipping. I would say, almost negligible. I love that about this nail polish, but the fact that it look so long to dry is a bit irritating. Otherwise : the price, the color, the durability and the fact that I only need one coat with no need for a top coat is totally stellar. I guess I should invest in one of those nail-drying machines, huh? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP