Powered by Blogger.

Crabtree & Evelyn Aromatherapy Refreshing Body Lotion

 Friday, September 2, 2011

I went swimming at my boyfriend's condo over the festive period, and though I love swimming as an exercise (no impact on the knees + you get to wear your sexy two-piece out + full body work out), it can wreck havoc on your skin and your hair. Chlorine for your hair is always a no-no, and you can feel how dry your hair is when you step out of the water. As for the skin - aside from getting tanned (if that's not your thing, and it isn't my thing) or sunburnt, sometimes I feel the chlorine is stripping the moisture from my skin. Maybe that's me being dramatic, but seriously, after coming out from the pool, I feel like there's so much I need to "preserve" again properly. Tch.

The worst part about going swimming over at his place was --- I forget to bring my body moisturiser! Argghh. And after shampooing & conditioning, I still felt my hair was a bit dry. Could've used a little bit more hair treatment or something. Sigh. My boyfriend already helped me solve the hair problem by giving me a swimming cap (but it'll make me look soooo funny). For the second item, he loaned me his moisturiser..

Yes, it is his moisturiser. He has more Crabtree & Evelyn stuff than me (I'm Drugstore Beauty, remember?), and he's the one who buys me my Crabtree stuff. Hahaha. The reason? Because he has a Crabtree & Evelyn membership. And he bought a few bottles of this "Refreshing Body Lotion" from their Distallations series because he wanted to get RMXXX in one receipt in order to get the lifetime membership. Sigh... what a metrosexual boyfriend. :)

This lotions is made "with purifying eucalyptus and lime essential oil" and is said to clear the senses while purifying the skin. "Our unique purifying blend of essential oils helps refocus your senses as cucumber and lemongrass extracts help clarify and condition your skin."

Well, from reading that, you know those key notes of "lemongrass" and "eucalyptus" is going to give you that invigorating lift to awaken your senses, and you can already feel the tingling cool sensation from the essential oils and the cucumber on your skin. This lotion does feel delightfully refreshing, especially after a hot shower after your cold swim. The only problem that I have with it is that though it IS refreshing (and that IS its main selling point), it is hardly moisturising at all. I thought it's a MOISTuriser, that is what I was expecting, can heardly blame me right? Does this mean that body lotions do not equate to moisturisers? Hmm... why would I use a lotion that doesn't moisturise?

My boyfriend says he just likes the uplifting sensation and he slaps it around his neck and arms randomly after a shower. -___- Sigh...

Though nice to use, I would definitely not purchase this... there are much nicer stuff in Crabtree & Evelyn that beckon me...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP