Powered by Blogger.

Benefit's Dr Feelgood

 Friday, September 16, 2011

Finally managed to bring myself to use my Dr Feelgood from Benefit Cosmetics! I'm usually such a hoarder --- I can't bring myself to open up the packaging, take that first swipe that ruins the perfect surface of a cream... but I really needed to find a new face cream after I got a bit sick of Hazeline Snow leaving white marks over my skin. -___- Dr Feelgood is described as a "velvety complexion balm" and helps to mattify your skin while leaving it feeling silky soft. It also contains Vitamins A, C & E to help smooth away the appearance of fine lines.

I just love the packaging! And this product only costs RM 87 from Benefit's Online Store (buy above USD$150 and shipping is free WORLDWIDE), but I think it's about RM130 when you buy it from stores in Malaysia.

At first I thought that this is how the cream looks like, with that cute flower detailing in the middle! So cute! But then I found out that it's actually a translucent sheet used to protect the balm. You can't throw it away, because it's actually used to protect the balm from getting into direct contact with the sponge (yup, you have to apply it on with a sponge). Also read from some other online comments that the sheet is used to protect the balm from drying out and getting crumbly on the skin. Eegads, that sounds like my Hazeline Snow problem part 2.

And.. this is how the balm actually looks like. Taa-daa!

After using this for a while, I'm actually wondering why I bought it. As a "complexion balm", I don't feel like it actually improves my complexion. Yes, it does feel velvety and silky smooth gliding on, but I feel that the effects doesn't last that long. I won't even say that it lasts half a day. Since it isn't being marketed as a moisturiser, I would say that it is doesn't have any moisturising qualities, that is, at the end of the day, this will act like a "mask" for me, but has no active benefits for my skin.

It does smell ok, but not my most favorite scent in the world. I was expecting something that would cover up pores and minimise fine lines... but I guess that was expecting too much, hmm. It really is like wearing nothing at all. One thing I would say - it doesn't leave you feeling greasy and oily like some face creams do. But hmm.. yeah, still wondering what is the purpose of this item as :
a. it doesn't change how my skin looks
b. it doesn't moisturise my skin
Which was what I was mainly going for.

Some say that it's a face mattifier, and an excellent face primer, helping set make-up straight. HOWEVER, I personally like wearing this ALONE, so as a face primer it does nothing for me. As for mattifying my face, I don't have a terrible issue with shiny-ness / oily-ness, so I can't see a big difference there either.

Will probably not repurchase this, but checking out the POREfessional instead.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP