Powered by Blogger.

Watson's Whitening & Moisturising Facial Mask

 Sunday, September 4, 2011

After the swim at my boyfriend's place, I decided to further pamper my skin with a mask & a nose pore strip. Pore strip is just the usual Biore pore strips, but have I mentioned that I ADORE the Aroma Collection's "Happy Grapefruit" scent? So darn nice. I think I'm going to have to stock up on it!

Anyway, as always, I'm not picky about the masks I use - after all, this is Drugstore Beauty. I decided to be really drugstore and use the Watson's Whitening & Moisturising Facial Mask. Price is around RM5.90, but they sometimes have 10% off promotions.

As the packet says - it is for fairer, more radiant looking skin. It also goes on to further elaborate : " ... helps brighten your skin by enhancing skin metabolism and reducing the appearance of dark pigmentation spots. It also aids the improvement of moisture retention by the skin via accelerated hydration of the epidermis. In addition, collagen helps restore skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of fine lines. Leaves your skin moisturised, looking fairer and radiant." It also recommends that you use the mask 6 days a week to renew your skin and improve the texture. As I only bought 1 packet, I wondered how effective it would be.

One thing I have to say though - the Watsons face mask beats the Guardian face mask hands down. There is so much essence in each packet... dripping with essence that the mask easily adheres to your skin. It is also more ergonomically designed compared to Guardian face masks, so it fits better on my face. IMHO, at the very least. For those who are sensitive to scents, this is also scent-free.. or as scent-free as it can get. I couldn't smell a thing. But for me, I love my masks to have soothing or fruity scents, so it was neither a pro or a con for me. :)

After 20-25 minutes, the mask was still soaked with essence, and I felt like I could continue using it forever. ;) But had to take it off as boyfriend was rushing me to go to 1U. My skin definitely felt more supple and moisturised, but in terms of radiance... nah. Just about the same. I wonder if it would really make a difference if I used this mask 6 days in a row?

Anyway, my main grudge about Watsons and Guardian masks are that they do not price it competitively enough. It's about the same price as the Taiwanese masks, and I do prefer brands like My Beauty Diary. So why would I choose their masks over MBD? They should price it at about RM3 per mask, then I would consider using theirs more frequently. Instead, by pricing it at the same level, I would continue to choose the Taiwanese brands over them...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP