Powered by Blogger.

Monday Masks : Dermal Red Ginseng Collagen Essence Mask

 Monday, August 27, 2012

I've been using lots of masks and totally falling behind in keeping my beauty blog updated. :x One of the main reasons could be me using a LOT of masks when my wedding was coming up, and I wasn't blogging much then either. So, I end up with a backlog of entries! At the same time, I continue to buy and use sheet masks, hah. It's neverending! I thought my husband would "control" me more by asking me to stop buying stuff. But just the other day we passed by this new Korean skincare store and he actually encouraged me to go in and check the products out! He said, "Hey, look they have a deal on sheetmasks. You like those, don't you?" *fainted* Will blog more about the masks and the store later, but anyway, that was totally shocking for me. Plus, when I was there, I fell in love with one of their argan oil hair serum. O_O Must restrain self!

Anyway, am here to review the Dermal Red Ginseng Mask. Have had pretty good time with the Dermal masks, as I have reviewed before here. Was pretty keen to try the "red ginseng" as it's not something you usually see being promoted in masks! Well, this one is suitable for all skin types and is apparently good for FIRMING and BRIGHTENING. Technically, I reckon I'm still young, so I don't need the "firming", and brightening is more of to even the skintone and not so much about bleaching your skin / turning yourself 2 shades lighter. Dull skin (from lack of exercise, sunlight, and the ilk) could do with a booster shot of brightening essence!


As with all Dermal masks that I bought, it also contains COLLAGEN and VITAMIN E which helps to increase skin elasticity. Again - not sure if it is effective when absorbed through the skin. I think it's better if you actually take collagen pills / drinks.


The fit of the mask is quite good, in my books. However, this mask is definitely not for me! I couldn't stand the "medicinal" smell of the ginseng! It made me smell like my grandma! Skin felt slightly more moisturised after using, but nothing significant in terms of brightening. Will not be a repurchase for me for this particular scent, but will definitely buy other "flavors" in this range. 

Did a bit more research and found out that Red Ginseng is more suitable as a facial aid for AGING skin due to it's antioxidant properties. Now I know that taking care of your skin's AGING should start when you're young (when you're old, it's basically too late for tears), but test results apparently show the best results for red ginseng on women age 40 and above. Yes, even for skincare and not taking it orally. Perhaps you could consider it if you are in this age range!

1 comments:

http://scarformula.com/ October 1, 2014 at 1:53 AM  

Nice !!! All steps and picture so informative.Thanks a lot for share.To get more information you may click here.Skin Ginseng

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP