Powered by Blogger.

My First (Free!) Vanity Trove

 Saturday, August 25, 2012

So while I was in Singapore, I was lucky enough to run in to this Vanity Trove x Watsons promotion that they were having. Basically, buy up to SGD$80 of stuff from Watsons (doesn't matter what it is) and you will get a FREE Vanity Trove beauty box. In case you do not know what Vanity Trove or beauty box subscriptions are, basically, if you pay a staple amount of $$ every month, this company (Vanity Trove) will send you a box of beauty-related samples each month. It may not necessarily just be skin /hair care. It could be make-up as well! I think it depends on what you state is your preference when you are signing up. I never signed up for it because I didn't know how good it could get, so I was happy that shopping at Watsons allowed me the chance to get a sample box for free!


This is how the box looks like. I really, really cannot wait to open it! *glee* And my husband was so **ho hum** ... he will never understand my obsession with trying different types of skin care / beauty products. He will stick to just one product, possibly the rest of his life. ;P Today he was just trying to influence me to buying the same hair gel as him! Lol...


What greeted me after I opened the box. The faux grass layering at the bottom of the box is a nice but IMHO, unnecessary touch. Give us more stuff! I don't care if the "present" doesn't look pretty!


A sample of 4 different products from DHC, all made from the goodness of olive oil. I like the brochures that come with the items, so you can learn more about the stuff that you will be using. I actually carted all of it back to Malaysia for more intensive study. Hahaha... 


Black cotton face mask from SexyLook. I am not sure if it's the same one as the one Xiaxue just advertised about recently... (lazy to double check). I think hers is from LoveMore, and I'm not sure if these are sister companies or not. Anyway, black face masks are apparently now the trend? :)


The "moisturisers" picture... stuff from Palmers, Hada Labo, Watson's own in-house brand of masks and Bio-Oil. Stuff that I've thought about trying but never bought.


Cristalle 21 Skin Solace serum (in a plastic? case), which is really unique (read: strange). Kinda scared to use it! Sunscreen lotion that came in oh-so-useful because I was going to the zoo and Universal Studios and I totally did not pack any sunblock! I was actually thinking of running out to the nearest pharmacy again to grab a Banana Boat, but this nifty little packet did the trick. Separate blog post coming up just to rave about it.

A sample size packet of MJ fruit smoothie mask (just enough for one application I think... the usual packet is usually enough for multiple applications!), a Neutrogena deep clean face wash in grapefruit (love love love citrus scents!) and a Pure Beauty moisturiser. Another Watsons in-house brand!


Voucher for 15% off Zalora... but the Singaporean site only. Drop me a comment if you want the code! First come, first served.

And then my husband was nagging me to go for the happy hour in Swissotel, so I just dumped everything into the picture and snapped. There's stuff from Biore, Uriage, L'oreal, Rachel K, etc etc. Never fear, I will definitely review each item I got!

Meanwhile, is this a great introduction to Vanity Trove? Well, I think this box doesn't do the company justice because there are too many "mini samples". I heard that the real Vanity Trove sends in much bigger samples, but maybe less products. If you expect me to pay RM60 for this box, then definitely it's not worth it. However, getting it free with my Watsons purchases definitely made this a sweeeeet deal as I like to try many different types of products. Sorry, but definitely can't recommend the beauty box subscription to you based on this. However, would love it if Watsons and Vanity Trove collaborated more in the future!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP