Powered by Blogger.

The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter

 Monday, September 17, 2012

Now if you're a girly girl like I am, you would probably not be able to resist strawberry-anything. I don't know why, but I grew up liking strawberry ice-cream, strawberry jam with butter sandwiches, clothes with strawberry prints... heck, even the name "strawberry" is so cute. I just can't explain it. The truth of the matter though? The fruit itself is pretty sour and I've never eaten a strawberry that tasted like I expected it to.  Still, I ooh and aah over strawberry chocolate, I still order strawberry juice (usually added with so much sugar that it becomes sweet and what I imagine strawberries to really taste like), and I buy things like The Body Shop's Strawberry Body Butter without smelling it first because I think that it will definitely smell nice.

Well. It definitely didn't smell like strawberries to me.













I honestly do not detect anything remotely strawberry-ish about this body butter, except for the mild pink body butter. It is indeed super duper moisturising, but unfortunately, is one of those type of moisturisers that leave an oily residue behind. And believe me, it leaves an oily residue behind for a long ass time. My husband grabbed my arm after my nightly ritual of moisturising and exclaimed, "Yer! Why you apply oil on yourself!?"

Hmmm...

However, my skin in the morning is the best thing ever. After a night of moisturising, it's oh so soft in the morning and the scent that lingers behind is not as nauseating as what you get direct from the jar.

This is definitely not a repurchase for me, and because I suspect all body butters from The Body Shop are going to be like this, I will probably get my moisturisers elsewhere. HOWEVER, everytime they have a sale, I keep getting tempted. This, even though I'm having such an unpleasant time trying to finish this small 200ml tub. I just keep telling myself maybe those will smell super awesome. Scents make up for everything. :P

 You can almost see the shine that is given out after the body butter has been applied! I don't think I need to tell you which thigh has been applied with body butter already! :) 

I'm finishing it! This pale pink cream that doesn't smell like strawberries! Tsk tsk!

Retailing at RM55, I got this on a 30% off sale. Hence, find it worth the money (need very little of this body butter to get all "oiled" up), despite my complaints about the scent and OVER-oiliness. The strawberry seed oil is apparently what moisturises the skin. High in vitamin A&C and anti-oxidants, strawberry seed oil also contains anti-bacterial properties that makes it beneficial for taming irritated skin. Since it's the strawberry seeds doing all the work, maybe that's why the body butter itself doesn't smell very strawberry-ish!

I don't notice my skin behaving better than usual, just notice it being ultra smooth and moisturised in the mornings (which is good enough for me). If you are interested to give this a go, take note that this is suitable for normal skin only.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP