Powered by Blogger.

Clairol Herbal Essences Citrus Lift Shampoo

 Tuesday, September 18, 2012

As promised, I'm updating more on product reviews! I have been getting pretty lazy and slacking off blogging, but I feel that writing more product reviews makes me "take care" of my appearance more too. Like, to actually keep up with my "daily / nightly" regiment of applying creams and all sorts!

So this is the shampoo that I'm currently using - Clairol Herbal Essence's "Citrus Lift" :


 

For the umpteenth time - I'm really attracted to citrus scents, so no surprise why I chose this shampoo that promises "radiant & soft" hair, and contains tangerines, lemongrass and aloe vera. I also have a good impression of Clairol Herbal Essences shampoos in general, as I always put the "camellia hot oil" shampoo as a must repurchase whenever I go back to Singapore. ;) 

However, this shampoo is not a repurchase for me. :( 

Firstly, this is NOT the type of citrus scent that I like. It's very mild and there's no "tang" to the scent. No wake-me-up-before-you-go-go-perk-me-up scent. It's like... what some orange glucose would smell like, seriously. The expected tanginess that will electrify and perk up my scalp is just NOT there. It is however a pleasant enough scent, so no complaints there. 

I don't see a bright improvement in my hair. I don't find it more radiant or softer than usual. In fact, I find that if I just use this shampoo on its own without any conditioner, my hair seems extra dry and frizzy! Because of this, I tend to put wayyyy more conditioner than normal to combat the dryness I seem to get with this shampoo. :\ Tsk tsk. On the other hand, you do get the fresh / clean feeling on your scalp after using it. Not tingly clean, but clean enough. ;)

Lastly, for some reason, my husband complains that I have a lot of hair fall. Now, I don't know if it's caused by this shampoo or if in general, men like to complain that their wives hair drops a lot as they need to vacuum more. My husband is adamant about me changing my shampoo IMMEDIATELY. I have about half left out of this 400ml  bottle, so I'm a bit reluctant to waste the shampoo like that. My colleague tells me that her husband also complains about a lot of hairfall, so I'm hoping that this is just something that women face in general, and not something caused by shampoo or a hectic work life. 

I'm thinking of changing to another shampoo, just for a while, just to see if this really is the cause.

Ironically, I just did a small search on the ingredients in this shampoo and they are all apparently good for preventing hair fallout! Tangerine essential oil is good for preventing DRYNESS in hair and dandruff, lemongrass essential oil is traditionally used in Indian medicine to prevent an oily scalp (hmm, wouldn't this lead to DRYNESS?) and a variety of other hair problems including hair fallout. Lastly, aloe vera controls sebum secretion in the hair glands and promotes hair growth by increasing blood circulation to the scalp. Hey, don't quote me on all this, this is what the Internets is telling me. ;)

However, I tend to believe what I'm finding out because I am experiencing dry-er hair after using this shampoo. As someone with normal-to-dry hair conditions, all the tangerine, lemongrass and aloe vera must be making my hair TOO dry. I would probably recommend this for someone suffering from an oily scalp. I don't see how this should be marketed for someone with Dry / Colored hair, really. 

2 comments:

Unknown December 8, 2012 at 10:49 PM  

Hi! Where do you usually go to buy the herbal essences camellia hot oil shampoo? I have been wanting to buy that shampoo but just can't seem to find it.

Leech The Leceh December 16, 2012 at 6:32 AM  

Hi there, I usually get my stock from Watsons in Singapore. :))

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP