Powered by Blogger.

Monday Masks : Skinlite Refining Herb Mask

 Sunday, September 30, 2012

Whoa, haven't been updating in a bit, and it's a whole new month! I've been mad busy at work, and now that I'm monitoring some wonky servers with a tendency to restart themselves, and a feverish husband  with a propensity to shout out various demands, what better time than to fill up my beauty blog a bit more? Should be feeling good about myself because our lean team managed to rollout a pretty cool project to 3 different countries. However, now is the "stabilisation" period - only, you're stabilising 3 different countries and you are supposed to prepare for the next!

Holiday - where for art thou? My Singapore jaunt seems so, so far away. :(

Anyway, keeping up with the "Monday Masks" theme from before, here's my review on Skinlite's Refreshing Herb mask. Incidentally, I have not been religiously doing my masks, and I haven't gone for a facial in a while. My skin condition is horrid! [Reminding self to schedule another appointment with Cellnique]

So this is the last of my Skinlite mask from HK, the really cheap, worth-your-money but kinda-hit-and-miss one. I think the refining herb is one of the misses. Though it is totally inoffensive, and my skin felt moisturised after using it, I felt that it was not good enough for me to disregard the wonky fit of the masks. Plus, it was too inoffensive --- totally no scent. I might have been using just plain water soaked paper masks. Who would've known?


The refining herb mask from Skinlite contains 19ml of essence and  contains Korean natural herbal extracts such as honeysuckle flowers, licorice, colx lacryma-jobi seed, phaseolus lunatus seed and hoelen. I must admit, most of that sounds alien to me, but maybe it won't be to the Koreans. ;P The mask helps to clarify skin by controlling oil & sebum secretion, but also gives you a healthy glow by helping blood circulation. The last bit is a bit of an epic tale, really. I really do not see how this would help blood circulation - the herbs in the mask don't get absorbed into the blood stream, do they?

Here I am giving you a really grisly photo of myself... there's enough essence, I would say and the quality of the mask is really good, albeit on the thick side. Off topic, but I do not like how it looks like I have quadruple eyelids in the photo - blame it on the lack of sleep!

All in all, a mask that did no wonders to my skin, but given my love for cheap products, I should be thankful it didn't cause any adverse reactions. Upon further research, I was pleasantly surprised to find that honeysuckle flowers and licorice are indeed used as antibiotics to sooth irritated or itchy skin, so for those people who are suffering from redness or inflamed skin, using this could give more marked improvements than for someone using it just for fun and to get more moisturised and pampered skin. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP