Powered by Blogger.

Online Shopping Is Like Window Shopping (Whitesoot & Victoria's Secret)

 Thursday, September 20, 2012

After nearly 2 months of absolutely NO shopping (well, I lie - I bought an evening gown for my sister-in-law's upcoming wedding - but this doesn't count because it's a NECESSARY purchase), my fingers are straying across my keyboard and going to all my favorite online shopping haunts to ogle at the beautiful clothes. Recently, I found another online shopping site that looks very promising. I first saw it on Bobostephanie's blog, where she was wearing this awesome one-piece-top-that-looks-like-a-two-piece. The item was sold out on the site, but that's when I was first introduced to Whitesoot. I've not actually bought anything from the site before, but I like how you can even get your items via meet-up (instead of PosLaju) at SS2 McDonalds. I can easily swing by the area!

I might be on a temporay ban from shopping, but I can still share what caught my eye, right? I'm liking these few pieces from Whitesoot. Mainly like the office-wear-with-a-twist (bright colors, cute detailing) and the casual dresses. Most of the dresses I bought from wholesale website that I shared last time are way too short. I promised a post on that, didn't I? Still trying to collate some nice photographs!

Skater dress with a triangle cut-out, inspired by something similar from Topshop, I believe!  I think it's flirty, fun and playful... just think it might be too youthful for me!

Another casual dress with a twist... it's a little bit like a high-low dress, but slightly more subtle. I'm getting tired of high-low dresses that are "too" high-low. Like super short in front and trailing like a bridal train at the back... a bit too over for me. This one is sweet, simple and just nice! 

A top that is suitable for office, in this season's hottest color - mint! Don't know if you can see it, but there's some subtle silver polka dots as well. Apparently this is Zara inspired.
Not a 100% sure about this top, but I'm attracted to the vibrant purple color.
At the moment, I'm very into puffy sleeves. This, and the subtle clever detailing makes this top suitable for formal occassions and casual outings as well.

How much would you pay for tops like the above? I believe none of the items above are more than RM80 per piece. In fact, the tops are around RM50-ish, if I'm not mistaken. Super affordable in my books, but of course, haven't gotten the chance to check out the quality. I might buy one or two items first, just to test the waters. Tell me if you've gotten the chance to buy from them! At the moment, I see lots of rave reviews, but most of them are from Whitesoot's blogger circle. Those gals get the clothes for free, so they might be biased. **sorry to say this**

Next up on my "online window shopping" --- only, my most favorite site ever - Victoria's Secret! I've bought tonnes of stuff from them, and everything from innerwear to pajamas to clothes have been of excellent quality (some things I've been using for years and years), fashionable and cute! My last purchase was just before my honeymoon (wink wink) and now they have a lot of new trends for fall. According to the editor's picks, look out for more sparkle (sequins!), poppin' colors and lots of luxe. Here are some of the new selections that are my pick. ;)

 Long sleeve chiffon + sequin top. It looks so luxurious and glamorous... though I can't really think of an occassion to wear this too... plus I don't think I would look good with white pants! (Like the model!)

 I actually have a similar pleated skirt (in peach) from Forever New, but I just super love skirts like this! My husband hates the skirt though, he said that people might think that they can see my underwear wtf. 

 Love the lace skirt in this velvety plum shade. Love love love!! 

 A boyfriend shirt in a vibrant print

 Might have posted this before, but silk shirts are my Achille's heel... they look so comfy and welcoming in Malaysia!

Sigh.. when will my bonus come? With a new married life, comes new responsibilities. Can't be a-spending on frivolous things like clothes so often anymore. ;(

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP