Powered by Blogger.

Benefit Haul!

 Wednesday, July 10, 2013

So I mentioned in a previous entry that I bought some stuff from Benefit, and I finally managed to collect the package! Think there's some confusion with the concierge at the condo where I'm staying cos apparently it arrived at end June, but they only gave me the package on the 9th of July! I was just about to call up Benefit and complain because they used to have very prompt delivery service - last time, it arrived way before the expected delivery date.

Anyway, this is what I got this round! Can't believe my last purchase was 2 years back... well, that's good. Means I don't overspend that much! In fact, I didn't do a lot of haul posts this year simply because I'm just using up stuff from my stockpile. ^^ Not been over-purchasing. What a good girl. :)

The packaging definitely not as nice s before. Box was super squashed and no "airpak" bag like last time. Luckily, none of my products were damaged in any way. :) At least this time they included a mini brochure / pamphlet, as well as 2 free samples. Actually, anyone can get free samples, when you checkout, you are given a choice of 2 out of 4 samples to get free. It changes occasionally, right now they are giving out samples for Fine-One-One, Fakeup Light, Fakeup Medium and Stay Flawless. I'm absolutely sure that they used to give out samples of Hoola blusher instead of Fine-One-One, coz I would've chosen Fine-One-One for sure! It's on my next "to buy" list now. =__="



Without further ado, this is what I bought:


I will do a more thorough review when I've used the products, but general description for the items (top L-R, bottom L-R):

1) Hello Flawless - Custom powder cover-up for face, in new packaging! Get that flawless finish with this silky, buildable powder that lets you customize your look just the way you want it. For a sheer, natural finish, sweep on with brush. For spot cover-up, apply with sponge. 7g only,  perfect size to bring around with you.

2) Some Kind Of Gorgeous - "Fake It, Don't Cake It" with Benefit's shortcut to gorgeous. The cream-to-powder formula means silky, even perfection for your complexion. So translucent, it's THE finish for fair complexion tones, an instant "beauty boost" any time of day!

Yes, I bought ANOTHER "foundation" because I couldn't decide between Hello Flawless and this one. I like the idea of "light coverage" because I seriously don't think I need heavy duty coverage, plus really heavy foundations that I've used before makes things worse. I'm still on the lookout for something to replace my beloved Everyday Minerals... This one is 9.5g and cheaper than Hello Flawless by USD$4. =D

3) Fake Up (free sample) - It's a hydrating concealer with lasting hydrating to diffuse fine lines and conceal dark circles. Seems to be specific for use under eyes... It's only a 0.06g sample. I doubt I would actually use it because I don't bother to use my Erase Paste either... *sacre bleu!*

4) Away We Glow set - You can only get this from the "LAST CHANCE" section of their website coz I think they're not going to make it anymore? I got it because there's a lot of their "best sellers" in this box and I love the idea of just carting this set around when I'm travelling. This set consists of :

  • CORALista a “rio” pleasure face powder with brush, 3.0 g (Yay! Another blusher from Benefit that I wanna try!)
  • high beam cool, luminescent complexion enhancer, 2.5 mL (Yay! I wanna try this!)
  • sun beam warm, golden bronze complexion highlighter, 2.5 mL (Yay! I wanna try this!)
  • BADgal lash mascara, 4.0 g  (Yay! I wanna try this!)
  • ultra shines life on the A list lip shine, 5.0 mL (Boo, bought wrongly!)
  • fluff shadow/hard angle brush
  • shimmering 5-color eyeshadow palette (Yay! More eyeshadows! There's Passion Pearl, Peachy Sheen, Terracotta Satin, Steamy Copper and Deep Bronze. Very nice, earthy colors, suitable for even work, not really "glitzy" stuff.)

5) Thrrrob - Get the "turned-on" flush you've been looking for with this heart-throbbing pink powder. Brush across cheekbones, forehead and chin and let the excitement begin! One of my "to buy" blushers from Benefit! *squee* Will become my go-to blusher if it's really good because I am starting to think that Dandelion is just not doing it for me (maybe I'm not that fair to pull it off) and I want something more obvious. Now to get my hands on Bella Bamba, Sugarbomb and Hervana... *greedy*

6) Stay Flawless (free sample) - 15-hour primer for FOUNDATION. I suppose can be used together with the Hello Flawless! :D

Here's how it looks like on the inside...



Cannot wait to use! Just that I'm still a bit iffy about wearing foundation to work BECAUSE I PARK SO FAR AWAY FROM THE OFFICE! I'm not kidding when I say that my boss has asked me before WHY AM I SWEATING PROFUSELY when I arrive. It's because it's like freaking "journey to the west" from the carpark to my cubicle. I always buy foundations because I wanna complete my "OL Look" (wtf), but if it's going to mean that I have streaks of brown liquid going down the sides of my face, I rather not?

If this fails, my only other choices are to go to work super early so I can get parking nearer to the office (me, and those who know me, laugh at the idea) OR I pay for basement parking (super reluctant ok, it's going to be 3x the cost of parking outside). Haihhhh.... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP