Powered by Blogger.

Berli Pops Honey Orange Smoothie 3-In-1 Facial Foam

 Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Here's another random purchase from Thailand last year... I ran out of face cleanser while I was re-honeymooning in Bangkok and was really, really annoyed with myself. Me and my "travelling with samples only" mantra! Because of that, I ran out of face cleanser on the last day I was there, and there's no way that I can NOT wash my face. Or wash it with soap. I insist to use proper face cleansers, so I had to go and buy a new one. But since I was (am, actually) really cheap, I didn't want to buy something too expensive. After scouring the drugstore, I wound up buying this really random facial cleanser called "Berli Pops". Why? Cos I thought it's the cheapest item available there.

To be honest, I'm a real FAILED SHOPPER when I'm in Bangkok because I couldn't understand the signs. I would think that something costs 150 Baht, and later only find out that it was 150ml, nothing to do with the price at all. -__- I saw a lot of 3-X-1 signs (like this facial foam below!) and I would think it means buy 3 and free 1, but in the end, it's promoting that it is a 3-in-1 facial foam. WTF. I kept the receipts for my purchases, but it's been quite some time, so even the print has faded...



This is how the facial foam looks like, and on Amazon, it actually costs USD$6.50 or thereabouts. I believe it's cheaper if you buy in Thailand. If I'm not mistaken, it's a made in Thailand product, so it should be cheaper in the home country? It was displayed on the bottom-most shelf in the shop too, and they didn't have all variants available. I chose the facial foam for combination skin because I like the "Honey Orange" variant. They also have:
i. apple berry smoothie for oily skin
ii. banana cherry smoothie for dry skin
iii. melon cucumber smoothie for a weekly scrub

Hmm.. they don't have anything special for normal skin? Anyway, the honey orange smoothie for combination skin has been quite kind to my skin.


The facial foam is thick and rather firm when squeezed out from the tube. It only looks so erm... soft in my hand because my palm was not 100% dry. Recommend that you moisten and rub up the foam between your hands before applying directly to the face. It leaves skin feeling clean, but not squeakily-I-stripped-off-all-the-natural-oils-from-your-skin kinda clean. The best part about this facial foam is probably that it smells really nice and unique. How would you think a honey orange smoothie would smell like? It actually smells like barley drink + some Sunkist. Hahaha. It is actually quite yummy! (In fact, now I feel like drinking barley mixed with Sunkist, haha!)

My only complaint is that it is not "strong" enough to remove make-up from my skin. I know, I know, should always remove make-up separately with a proper make-up remover. However, it leaves a LOT of traces behind, which my other cleansers never do. It just makes me feel like this facial foam is not as tough on dirt as other cleansers. It is especially difficult to remove my Maybelline Masterliner, which is probably a good testimony for that eyeliner. -__-"

Surprisingly... my husband has been stealing my facial foam and he says that he LOVES this facial foam. And asked me random questions like:
"What is this Berli Pops? How come so cute one?" -___-"
"How you know about such a good thing one? Really just simply buy one ah?" -____-"
"Why you never buy one for me also? How come good things you keep to yourself only?"

How to explain to him the behavior of a hoarder? Anyway, I guess it's gonna be a repurchase for me, if simply to appease this strange man. FYI, he also uses my shampoo, which explains why it's since finished, much earlier than I anticipated. When I saw my shampoo dwindling so fast, I was horrified. He finally admitted to using it as well and saying he loves it soooooo much. So much so that he bought another bottle which we are BOTH using. I'm only annoyed because he only uses shampoo and not conditioner, so when he finished off my shampoo, I had 50% conditioner left... argh!

That was quite off-topic, but anyway the conclusion is this is one of the nicest, random purchases that I've gotten from an unheard-of brand. =) And I'm also happy to have a "second reviewer" in the form of my secret drugstorelover husband. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP