Powered by Blogger.

Lipstick Sundays : Mary Kay Creme Lipstick in Natural

 Sunday, July 7, 2013

Whee~! I just came back from a lovely anniversary celebration with my husband, and it was erm... 75% sponsored from the hotel where we held our wedding! They gave us vouchers for an overnight stay as well as dinner at one of their restaurants. We probably wouldn't have to spend a single sen, but we really indulged ourselves at the restaurant, so that we had to pay the difference. -__-" At first, my husband felt silly about "staying over" at the place where we had our wedding (it's a mere 30-40km away from where we stay ... it's really not going out of town at all!), but I insisted. First of all, never say no to freebies. Secondly, it was going to expire soon and it's not like we had out-of-town friends asking for free accomodation.

Plus, even going for a staycation in the city makes you feel like you've really been on a holiday. I really enjoyed myself and it was fun just catching up on some zzz's and pampering my skin and trying out new products at the hotel, hehe. Yes, tried more samples so that I can blog about it here! =) And which girl doesn't like to dress up a little for a fine dining experience?

Since I didn't want to lug my whole make-up case for a 1 night stay away (my husband was already mocking me for bringing my HUGE VS carry-all - though I had my last laugh --- he really underpacked!), I decided to make full use of my Mary Kay samples. For dinner at The Club, I decided to go a little heavier on the eye make-up and a little lighter on the lips. I was a little dismayed when I saw that the sample the Mary Kay consultant had given me was called "Natural". As per my last entry on nude lippies, I really hate how "dead" they make me look. The beige-like color in the casing wasn't making me any happier.



If I was stingy, this small pot would probably last me two uses. Since I don't want to carry a half-opened lippie sample around, I spammed the entire thing onto my lips. It looks even more of a light beige in real life... and it smells like toffee! Very sweet and inviting, but not too artificial and sickening. I quite liked the smell! Another reason I was spamming all the lippy on was because I was afraid that if I used too little... it would look just awful. In the yellow lighting in the hotel room, after I was done, it looked like I hadn't done anything to my lips at all, just that it looks not-as-dry. And believe me, I had super dry lips at the hotel. After dinner that night, I was using a lip scrub, and after 45 minutes of scrubbing, I still couldn't get rid of all the dead skin wtf.

Anyway, I was pleased that it at least covered up the dryness though it looked more like a creamy, matte type of lipstick. Holy heck, I was pleasantly surprised with the results under white light!



I just love how the "natural" look is done with this Mary Kay lipstick! It really does look natural, but glossy and somewhat healthy. There's no shine in the lippy, so I guess just have to use a lot to make it look nicer. I'm sure if from a tube, one simple swipe wouldn't do the trick. It kinda looks beige, and also like the lightest pink ever. Yet, still suits my skin tone and doesn't make me look like I've lost blood flow to my lips. Love it! Once again, the Mary Kay consultant really aced it when choosing a color for me. :)

Close-ups of the lippy: 



Had to do some light PS cos really up-close, can see a bit of dry lips. Still adore how creamy this lipstick is and feels very comfortable. I can't really judge how long-lasting it is because I had to sit through a 90 minute meal which consisted of almost non-stop eating... by the time I got back to the hotel, it was obvious that I've donated my lipstick to the dining ware and to my own stomach. I'm sure if I was just sitting quietly at the office, it would've lasted a few hours, surely?

Mary Kay says that :
"This long-wearing, stay-true formula glides on easily with a lightweight, creamy texture for rich color impact that lasts. Plus, it won’t feather or bleed.

  • Vitamin E and a vitamin C derivative help defend against wrinkle-causing free radicals.
  • Provides instant moisture.
  • Suitable for sensitive skin.
  • Clinically tested for skin irritancy and allergy.
  • Fragrance-free."
If you're interested, you can purchase a tube online for USD$15. That should be around RM50. For myself, I am really keen to check out other colors or maybe even buy this color. I think I will check out Mary Kay soon since it's so near my office any way. There's quite a few products from them that I like!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP