Powered by Blogger.

Lipstick Sundays : Mentholatum Lipice Lip Moisturizer in Kissy Pink

 Sunday, July 21, 2013

I discovered that I had already blogged about the Mentholatum Lipice Lip Moisturizer back when I FIRST bought it, but there were no swatches. Anyway, it was a good revisit down memory lane (reading the old entry), and how my thoughts had changed since I first bought it! Will include old photos here as well in case you don't want to check the old entry. ;)

About 2 years back, Lipice launched their Watercolor Lip Moisturizer series, which (to me) was a more vibrant lipbalm (in fact, more like a very moisturizing lipstick!) than their existing lip balm / lip tints. Even the packaging was more towards lipstick than towards those clear lip tints that Lipice is more known for. I got "Kissy Pink" (Watercolor #3) in the range because it seemed more unique compared to the other colors. I have lots of pink lippies anyway, this one looked more orange!

 

As you can see from the above packaging, it looks like the tube is going to be really geometric / angular. Instead, the real tube is actually just a boring, normal tube shape. The interesting shape in the packaging is all plastic packaging! -___-" 

 

The 4 colors in the range are: 
#1 : Vintage Pink
#2 : Fantasy Pink
#3 : Kissy Pink
#4 : Sexy Pink

Quoted from my previous entry: "IMHO, Sexy Pink is a dark blue pink that does look a little bit old school to me. I think it would suit mature ladies better (this would be me? hehehe. No, I mean older than me! Like 35 and above... but I doubt those ladies would wear Lip Ice). Vintage Pink is a very "standard pink" color... nothing special about it. It's a classic go-to shade, so if you have absolutely NO pink lipsticks at all, you should probably choose this. 

Kissy Pink is a very vibrant coral color, and I doubt my boyfriend would think that this color equates to kissiness. ;) I chose it because it's an odd color, and cheap lipsticks are good for odd colors that you don't wear too often. Classic shades deserve something more expensive (my own personal rule of thumb). Fantasy Pink was my second choice, but it is more to a red shade than a pink shade."

 

 After using the lip moisturizer for quite some time.... I would say that I was actually pretty wrong about saying that there is not much difference between the "before" and "after". Either that, or something changed the more I use it! Now, I feel that the color is SUPER VIBRANT with just one application. It kinda scares me. You know what? I think that it's because my lip moisturizer / lipstick is more "melted" now, so more comes off with a single application? The color in the tube looks nuclear orange, but the effect on the lips is a more vibrant coral. It's quite obvious, but not some crazy, bright orange color.


I quite like it! I think that it's pretty moisturising & gives a pretty nice color coverage at the same time. When I bought it, it was RM11.90. Heard the price has now gone up to RM14.90. I'm quite interested to try another one now...



As always, ending with a picture of the close-up. 
 

The secret to the lasting moistness in the lippie? Super Hyaluronic Acid and Ceramide , and further enriched with Maxilip and Vitamin E to help reduce fine lines and keeping lips supple. For me, really no complaints about the moisturisation qualities. I should probably not keep lip balms and lip tints around for so long though... but it's finishing! FYI, I have no idea why I've used the lip moisturizer til such a shape (check out the ultra pointy tip in my pic above!)... I still think it melted somewhat in my handbag.... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP