Powered by Blogger.

Sephora Body Scrub in Cranberry Lychee

 Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I've been using a lot of new stuff recently, hehe. After my last shower gel finished, I thought of using this Sephora Body Scrub in Cranberry Lychee as my daily shower gel, but it is kinda impossible unless I have a goal of scrubbing my skin off. It is definitely too harsh to be used daily, but perfect for a weekly scrub or whenever I feel especially grimey.


I actually got this when Sephora was giving away their RM75 vouchers if you bought above RM XXX within a certain time period. I complained about it previously, even mentioned that I was practically forced to buy this body scrub, and that the packaging even leaked into my Sephora paper bag. I scrutinised the packaging to see where the leak came out from, but can't seem to find it. I think the flip top just came loose when I was carrying the bag... it's not exactly comforting to know, but at least it's not leaking all over my bathroom now... Anyway, my point of reiterating this story is that I don't remember how much it costs! I would estimate it to be between RM30 - RM40 for a 150ml tube.
 

The body scrub doesn't smell anything like cranberries or lychees. More like strawberries, but no complaints. It is still an ok smell, though I was really expecting something more exotic. From the picture above, you can't really tell, but the granules in the body scrub are a mix of fine grains to really big rocks (haha! You see the size of those white dots? It's like rock salt kinda size, y'know?). I find that kinda unique actually... instead of a uniform size, with different sizes you get a more thorough scrubbing.

Yes, it can get quite harsh. And ... you really need quite a lot of it in one use. See that amount on my palm? Multiply it by two for your entire body. It's not that it "melts" very fast in the shower, it just doesn't spread easily, so I kinda need to use a LOT of it. Although I only use it AT MOST twice a week, there's only about 20% left after less than a month.... :( This is really NOT economical!

After washing everything off, skin does feel a bit tender, but nice and soft. REALLY squeaky clean and you're left with that strange-strawberry scent lingering. The scent lasts for quite a bit too. :)

Not a repurchase for me because I think it's kinda pricey for the amount that I'm using, I'm iffy on the packaging and generally got a bad vibe from Sephora's in-house products. I would rather get something else from Body Shop...~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP