Powered by Blogger.

Monday Masks : Daily Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Collagen Mask

 Monday, July 8, 2013

Used this to pamper myself on my mini-staycation during the weekend. Decided not to bring along my cheapo mask, but this Daily Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Collagen Mask that I got from SOPS in Publika. I bought it erm... when the shop first opened. My husband saw all these masks on display and knowing that I like 'em, he encouraged me to buy it... even though "with promotion" it ended up being RM7+++. I forgot the exact price but I was feeling very wtf-ish about purchasing it especially since my personal cap is at RM5 per mask. I know, stingy, but this is DRUGSTORE beauty after all.

Ok, I guess I can live with RM7+++ per mask. They also have an argan oil hair care product there that is super good... almost RM90, and I'm STILL contemplating over whether I should get it or not. I have other haircare products to use!

Anyway, this Strawberry Yogurt Collagen Mask is suitable for all skin types, is a sheet-mask type (with no backing, so it was very hard to unfold - nearly tore the thing!) with 25ml of essence goodness inside. More than enough for you to rub all over your neck and wherever else you feel suitable! I also think the packaging is pretty cute, don't you think so?



This mask is supposed to help you get soft and moist skin. The yogurt yeast helps to remove keratin smoothly, while strawberry extracts helps to provide soft and smooth skin. After cleansing your face as usual, just leave this on for 10-20 minutes to allow skin to soak in all the goodness.

The fit of the mask is quite good! It is very WIDE but short, so there was more than enough to wrap around my face. The "hard to fit parts" was just that it didn't cover all of my forehead and the flap for the nose is just not long enough. Other than that, because it is very WIDE, there is no "tightness" and gaps.



I found a few online recipes for YEAST masks, and it seems that yeast is pretty efficient at healing the skin, especially from acne. There were also lots of online recipes for yogurt masks and it's the lactic acid in yogurt that helps smooth and exfoliate skin. Make sure to use a thick kind with active cultures for the ultimate beauty benefits. Yes, this Daily Fresh mask really smells like strawberry yogurt. Should I just buy the yogurt next time and get double benefit of good skin and eating it after I've done applying it topically to my skin? ^^

I've also mentioned before in previous entries that strawberry oil / extract is frequently used in beauty products to moisturise the skin. High in vitamin A&C and anti-oxidants, strawberry oil also contains anti-bacterial properties that makes it beneficial for taming irritated skin.

After the 20+ minutes were up, I definitely felt that my skin was softer and more moisturised! Definitely good quality stuff... in fact, 2 days after using it, my skin still feels nice and soft! Oh, and the essence in this Daily Fresh mask is a bit sticky / slimy to touch. Some masks feel like it's just soaked with water... this is definitely not as "diluted".  Really enjoyed my first trial run with Daily Fresh. I have two more masks from them, and if the standard keeps up, a repurchase is in the future!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP