Powered by Blogger.

The Personalized Trove

 Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Remember when I blogged about personalized beauty boxes from Vanity Trove? Surprise, surprise, I've already gotten my hands on a personalized trove!! It didn't even take a week for my trove to arrive... I got it today after placing an order on Sunday! Fast service or what? I nearly choked on my lunch when Kangaroo Express GDEX (sorry, I made a mistake! Vanity Trove only deals with Ta-Q-Bin and GDEX now) called me to ask me whether I was able to collect my parcel. What luck, I happen to be working from home today, so I was able to get it immediately.

As usual, they use their sturdy, drawer-style box to house the products, and there's shredded paper padding as well as some soft paper to cover the products (to add to the mystery). 



Although no longer a "beautiful surprise" (coz I know what I picked out from the items recommended for me...), it was still exciting to get a parcel and to actually see, touch, SMELL the lovely items that I know would be waiting for me. Interested to see what tickles my fancy? Well, I'm excited to show you too, haha. In fact, half of my items were from Vanity Trove's "Obsessive Beauty" box that was launched in June 2013, the other half were items that I had read about and were interested to try. All in all, definitely a very "ME" box as I am already itching to use everything here. Never felt that way about other boxes cos there was always a "hmm.. this looks interesting, but I don't think I would use it so soon" kinda feeling.

Upon opening it, I felt a bit sad coz the arrangement of the products were all haphazard. Well, I suppose since this is a personalized trove, it couldn't be 100% designed to be put in such a way that it will fit perfectly with each other. But it doesn't matter, coz everything was in good condition and no spillage in any way. It also looks emptier than usual coz there's no product card (again, I don't think they will print out a personalized one, plus it's not really needed coz if you SELECTED the item, it means you know enough about it already?) or vouchers. Small matter. Let's get down to business... ~



1. Decleor Hydra Floral "Floral Nectar" Moisturising Cream (15ml) - RM98 for 50ml 


Ideal for dry and normal skin types, apply it to a cleansed face and neck every morning for lasting hydration. The rich and creamy texture will leave skin feeling soft and supple. Contains 85% natural ingredients and is parabens and mineral oil free. Just took a sniff of it and it smells really nice! I wanna start using it already! (A bit tired of my Hada Labo, hahaha.. been using it for nearly a year!). 

2. Cocolab Aromatic Body Oil (5ml) - RM99 for 100ml


Body oil is used not only as a luxurious, pampering item, but to heal and nourish skin as well. Cocolab's Aromatic Body Oil. It contains premium grade no-heat virgin coconut oil for instant absorption and an invigorating fruity blend of pure essential oils. It is an all-in-one moisturiser, massage oil and skin repair treatment. Also contains potent anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties! Just took a sniff of this and it smells heavenly! A very nice citrusy scent that is right up my alley! Ok, I've also never used body oils before, it sounds very luxurious indeed... haha. Looking forward to trying this out already! 

3. Bifesta Eye Makeup Remover (Travel size 30ml) - RM26.90 for 145ml 


What can I say, it's an eye makeup remover... and my Maybelline  make-up remover is finishing. I've read reviews about Bifesta that says that it's a good make-up remover, so if it's good, I'm definitely getting a bottle! It is so affordable too, totally drug store love. ;)

4. Pure South Goat Milk Body Lotion (Travel Sized 50ml) - RM59 for 255ml


This is ONE of the products with goat's milk that I selected... I really like products with goats milk, but hard to find one that is truly good. I've used some lotions in the past with fresh goats milk that is absolutely moisturising, makes-your-skin-baby-soft kinda goodness. And I've used some cheap crap that caused me to break out in rashes. This one from Pure South is an organic product from Australia that also contains rose blossom & rosella to stimulate a natural, healthy metabolism for optimal skin cell renewal. This looks very promising... again, very hyped up to try this out ASAP.

5. Elie Saab Le Parfum EDP (1ml) - RM329 for 50ml


I said that I like perfume samples, right? Hehehe.. so how could I resist from selecting one from the few items that was recommended to me? There were also Issey Miyake (Pleats Please), JPG (Classique) and Narciso Rodriguez (For Her) samples. I wanted to try this because it sounds like a fragrance that I would like - citrusy and floral at the same time. Only have 1ml, so very precious, did not even "test spray" myself yet. Hahahha... but already feel like wearing it for the coming weekend. And knowing me, a "test sample" perfume also can last me a really long time, what more an EDP... ^_^

6. Tilley Goat Milk Soap (Full size) - RM12


And this is the last item that I selected, and also the final "goat milk" product that I got. Ha! I told you I really like this "secret ingredient" right? Tilley sourced the purest Australian goat milk to make these soap bars, and are supposed to be wonderfully creamy in texture, gentle on skin and also very, very, very moisturising! Also contains organic shea butter, organic jojoba oil and organic cocoa butter for more moisturising properties... *love*

* * * * * * *

All in all, a very satisfying trove for me. I think I can start using every single item IMMEDIATELY... *greedy* This is just a totally different feeling from getting the beauty box last time. Of course, the element of surprise is gone, but somehow I feel more satisfied? Cos these are things that I really wanted to try, haha. I don't know how to explain further. Also, the total cost (if you want to be so calculative) is around 70 (this is with maths calculation which is not fair, cos just coz a 100ml bottle cost X amount, doesn't mean 10ml bottle would cost 100 / X x 10). Also doesn't include packaging + delivery to you... so it is really, really worth it. I have a feeling that I would be giving sterling reviews for every single item in my box! Hehehe...

I am wondering now whether Vanity Trove would continue having an option for "mystery boxes" and also another option to select personalised troves? I think that would be awesome. And for personalized troves, you can select more than 1 box a month. You can give yourself fortnightly treats if you want to, hahaha.

Ok, let me finish up all my samples and review 'em before I go crazy beauty-boxing.

As always, you can check out Vanity Trove for more information! *kisses*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP