Powered by Blogger.

Boots Amazon Forest Mango & Babassu Body Wash

 Thursday, July 18, 2013

Following up with my body scrub post yesterday, here's a post on the actual BODY WASH that I am using at the moment. :) In fact, this is something that has been hiding in my stash for quite a while... the Boots Amazon Forest Mango & Babassu Body Wash! Sorry, this was a gift to me from my (then) boyfriend (now husband!) when he went for a trip to Thailand. He asked me what I wanted and was surprised that I only wanted stuff from Boots. After visiting Boots for himself, he keeps saying that it is awesome and why don't we have Boots in Malaysia?

Anyway, I was so happy that he got me this body wash because it means that our "taste" is the same.. this is something that I would buy for myself! I generally LOVE fruity scents, and mango is one of my fave fruits. How wonderful it would be to lather myself up with this body wash! This body wash contains softening mango butter and babassu oil to help skin feel fresh and supple. For a 200ml tube, it's not lasting me very long... it is also another body wash that has about 20% or so left after less than a month... :(


I suppose you must be wondering - what is mango butter? Mango butter is high in unsaponifiable fats and antioxidants and is used in skincare and even hair care for its moisturising properties. It is not supposed to smell like mangoes since it is extracted from the kernel (the seed!) and not from the flesh of the fruit. If you've used stuff with cocoa butter --- well, this is similar to it, just slightly firmer. :) Mango butter has good emolliency and lends protection against the sun. It is said to prevent drying of the skin and formation of wrinkles. Mango butter also reduces degeneration of skin cells and restores elasticity.

Of course, for this Boots body wash, this  *does* smell like mangoes. It is not fragrant as fresh mangoes that I get from the market, but it is quite a good scent. Not fake, very natural.

As for babassu oil, I've mentioned in a previous post that it is the secret to ultra moisturisation. To quote myself, babassu oil is similar to coconut oil in properties, but I'm starting to think that this is a much better alternative as most people think that coconut oil smells too strong for them.

This all sounds good on paper, but I have to say that I don't feel super moisturised using this as a body wash. I think I get better results with other products on the market, like the Cussons Softly Softly body wash I blogged about earlier, or Dove / Nivea washes. I mean, it's better than most regular stuff, but after being pampered with ultra moisturisation, this just falls short. Also, the mango scent perfumes the shower stall wonderfully during bath times, but it doesn't last long on the skin. I am disappointed. :(

Probably not a repurchase for me for this item, but I definitely still have a lot of love for Boots products and would check out other items they have to offer. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP