Powered by Blogger.

Monday Masks : Sasatinnie Platinum White Truffle Brightening Silky Mask

 Monday, July 1, 2013

What to do when you're stuck in your condo the whole day because it's not advisable to go out because of the dreadful HAZE? And yet you know the HAZE had not really been doing your skin any favors from Monday - Friday when you had to WORK?

Well, try to make the best of the situation by doing some skin-pampering by applying a mask, of course! I ransacked my drawer of masks to find one that would suitably COMBAT the effects of the dusty, smokey environment. In the end, I decided on Sasatinnie's Platinum White Truffle BRIGHTENING silky mask. The benefits of the mask include brightening and improving skin tone and giving you radiant skin. Brilliant! Plus, it sounds absolutely luxurious, doesn't it?



As always, the packaging is nothing to shout about. (The price is though - think I mentioned before that I got this for about RM4 or cheaper? Can't remember... damn! You can check out Sasa whenever they have their sales!). The product claims that PLATINUM is used to delay skin aging by enhancing the absorption power of the skin. Skin pigmentation is improved with the use of arbutin, ECO Gigawhite, ECO  licorice extracts and mulberry extracts. Skin will be whitened and brightened and have an overall improvement in skintone. This mask is suitable to be used by all types of skin and by all ages. 

Well, the last part (about skin whitening) features items that I frequently read about in whitening products, so I'm not too concerned about that. Especially arbutin - it's basically the #1 ingredient being boasted by Hada Labo. I'm really doubtful about using PLATINUM in a sheet mask, I really wonder how they *really* incorporate that into a flimsy sheet mask! Then again, this is really cheap stuff, so I should just be grateful if it doesn't make me break out. -__-" 



Like before, it isn't a really good fit, not enough mask to wrap around the nose properly, and a lot of weird folds here and there. I always just chalk it up to me not having the "ideal" Korean / Japanese face (depending on where the product originated from!). The one thing that I noticed immediately when I put this mask on was the scent. It was very.... sharp. And it smelled like some cleaning agent of some sort. You know, something you would use to scrub tiles. It was not that strong at first, but became stronger and stronger til at the checkpoint of 15minutes.... I almost felt like passing out! It really made me feel really dizzy and giddy. Blehk.

Skinwise, my skin felt a little more moisturised, but not really evened / brightened in particular. That week *did* see general improvement in my skin though, like I had a really bad leftover pimple mark on my cheek and it did fade quite a bit. However, don't know if it was just a good skin week or if this helped. Regardless, the scent and fit is so bad that this is definitely NOT a repurchase for me. And very very very scared of using the rest of my Sasatinnie stash! :X

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP