Powered by Blogger.

Why I Started Using Makeup Remover

 Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Sorry for being away for so long! Especially after a period of almost-daily postings. :) I fell horribly sick - I think there's some virus going around in the office. There were 3 of us sneezing, coughing and blowing our noses like trumpets. Ok, I exaggerated. I only know *I* blew my nose like a trumpet. Hence, when you look like crap and feel bloody tired by 10pm, there's really no time to sit in front of the PC to crank out a BEAUTY-related entry. Especially when it requires you to camwhore.

In fact, I don't really think the below pictures make me look less frazzled (it was day 3 of my sneezing fits), but it is enough for this post (I suppose).

Now for all of you diligent girls who always take care to remove your make-up, and am gasping in shock and horror that I only decided to do so very, very recently... I feel like I have to explain myself. Firstly, I PERSONALLY feel that I do not wear a lot of heavy make-up. I think the "heaviest" item on my face is actually my eyeliner, that I cannot do without. I don't wear foundation (except for special occasions), and my lipstick // gloss  usually wears out by the time I reach home. So I'm left with.. hopefully nothing that my face wash can't strip right out! In fact, I usually judge how good my face wash is by its ability to take off all traces of my make-up. :)

Recently... I decided to start wearing mascara more often, and it was only then that I started feeling like my face wash wasn't doing such a good job. No biggie, I reckoned that using make-up remover for my mascara was justified. Then, as an experiment, I decided to see how much residue *was* there if I used my make-up remover AFTER I had already washed my face. TWICE. And with extra love and care on my eye area. :) FYI, I'm currently using a pretty awesome face wash, that I wish to review and introduce to you all soon.

So, this is how I looked like on Sunday, after serving at church. A little bit frazzled, lipstick is practically gone and blusher --- what blusher? Only my eye make-up looks intact. Then again, it's been about 4-5 hours since I first put everything on.

I find it incredibly hard to camwhore with my current camera. It is probably the only (and most damning) complaint I have about it. Anyway, as I iterate : you can clearly see the eyeliner , the neutral sparkly eyeshadow , and not much of anything else.

Proceeded to wash my face TWICE with my awesome, as-yet-unnamed face wash. I washed twice. Second time round, I gave extra attention to the eye area. I was quite convinced that not a trace would be left! And here I am, after :


You can clearly see that there is no more dark eyeliner line in the picture above, right? And if you think that's eyeshadow, er... no. That's how my eyelids really do look like. After years and years of eye-make-up abuse. So if you think that THAT's what being wiped out, sorry to disappoint.

So the next step after all this mega cleansing, is of course, the make-up remover! Just grab yourself a cotton pad... sprinkle on the remover, and wipe gently. The result?

 Pretty horrifying, if you ask me. 

Mostly it's the damn mascara. I guess it's pretty water-proof, hence not getting removed despite all that washing. I also found a sneaky area that seems to trap the most dirt - the folds at the outer edges of my eyes. Sigh. 

With that cotton pad in front of me, there's really no denying. Make-up remover is now an essential item in my daily skincare regime. I know, pretty late in the game, but if you are like me.. you might want to try the same "experiment". :)


This is me after the make-up remover. See, I told you my eyelids are THAT color already. Cannot save. Unless with bleach wtf.

If you're curious about what make-up remover I'm using right now, it's Maybelline's Make Up Remover for Eyes & Lip. I got it for free from their roadshow a while back, and it does the job. Not sure how much it costs, though. Should be pretty cheap? It looks like the following - the oil and water are separated. It looks very soothing and relaxing, right? Another thing -- it totally does not sting your eyes. So you can really feel confident in wiping down without worrying that it will hurt like crazy if it accidentally gets into your eyes. 

Don't go pouring it down your eye sockets though. ;)


Shake vigorously to get both liquids to combine together. It separates again after about 10-15 seconds though. :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP