Powered by Blogger.

Lipstick Sundays : L'oreal Virtuale Shimmer in Raspberry 012A

 Sunday, January 13, 2013

This is probably one of the OLDEST lipsticks that I own, but also one of the most loved ones. I really should look into the shelf-life of lipsticks, but even though I've been using this lipstick for so long, I don't find any adverse uses from it. It didn't cause my lips to break out in horrible pustules or something like that.

The reason why I love my L'oreal Virtuale Shimmer in Raspberry 012A (again - such unimaginative names!) is because it's probably my one and only RED lipstick for a very, very long time. I always prefer pinks because I think it's more wearable and more suitable with my skintone. When I was younger, the Raspberry shade is only used when I'm going for events at night. It also contains specks of gold glitter, so it really is very glam! Later, I realised that it's not so bright that I can't wear it for daytime outings or even to work.

I generally prefer lipsticks with a bit of shimmer in them because I find it hides my dry lips better without any need for putting lipblam on beforehand. It also tones down the "redness", it really isn't that shocking. I'm still trying to learn how to pull of really red lips!



You can see how "loved" my lipstick is. It has been tossed into countless bags, clutches and so on. The lipstick cover is already cracked and looks very "rusted".! *Gulp*



Inside though, it is very clean and chic. I love the gold metal tube, it makes everything look uber classy. This is how the "Raspberry 012A" shade looks under yellow light. By the way, yes, I know the tip of my lipstick looks "chopped off"! I have no idea how I applied til it became like this. It is honestly the only lipstick that started off in the normal "slanted" shape and wound up like this. Hahaha!! 


This is how the shade looks like under white light. Quite sad, a sad stump left to my lipstick! Probably going to finish soon and wind up being the first ever lipstick I managed to use to the end. LOL!

As mentioned, the lipstick really doesn't look that dramatic in real life. It gives my lips a slightly darker look than normal, but really not bright red. This was my Saturday "face" --- before I met up with some high school buddies for brunch. Off topic, but I'm also loving my eye make-up in the pics below! Been using my Coastal Scents palette and hope to be able to do a sensible review soon! Following pics are taken under natural sunlight.

 



Finally a close-up of the lips. Not a very seductive shot, I know, but at least it shows more redness than the above pictures. Although I'm comfortable with just a single application, those who would like something more dramatic could always apply more coats. It really feels very comfortable with just a single application though!






This product has been in my stash for so long that it has been discontinued. *ashamed*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP