Powered by Blogger.

Redken Scalp Relief Oil Detox Shampoo

 Thursday, January 17, 2013

So my husband ran out of shampoo and demanded that I search through my closet-full of shower stuff to see if there's any shampoo that he could use. He's very picky about his shampoo, refusing my then unfinished bottle of Clairol coconut-smelling shampoo. I decided to let him try the most expensive shampoo that I have in stock - my Redken Scalp Relief Oil Detox. Ironically, it is expensive only in price - nearly RM50 for a 300ml bottle, but I got this for free from Cleo magazine. ;)


After using it for a while, my husband stopped cos he find it unsuitable for his hair. So I'm finishing up the bottle, and boy does 300ml seem to go down the drain quickly! It's finishing fast, but there's no love lost between me and this shampoo either. The only good thing it has going for it is that it smells really nice and unique. It smells like orange essence - something that you would use in baking! From the Redken website, it states:

"Cleanse and instantly absorb excess oil to purify your scalp with this Redken Scalp Relief Oil Detox Shampoo. Your scalp will be mattified while your hair is left cleansed, light and airy.

The Redken Scalp Relief Oil Detox Shampoo is formulated with Redken’s Exclusive Interbond Scalp System and Lipa-Sponge System which delivers lipacide, micro-sponges and lemon extracts to equalise your scalp's pH, help control excess oil and clarify impurities."

Directions of use:
  • For daily oil control, massage into your wet hair and scalp.
  • Rinse.
  • For more intense treatment, apply before wetting.
  • Leave 1 to 2 minutes.
  • Wet your hair, lather and rinse.
  • Can be used daily.
  

The thick slightly off-white cream is easy to lather and leaves hair feeling clean but no less greasy than what a normal shampoo does. In fact, I feel that build-up occurs more often when I'm using this shampoo and I'm screwed if I don't use this daily. Just past 24 hours, I would find myself starting to scratch my head like a lice-ridden monkey. Seriously, I don't get this with other shampoos. Ugh! Disgusting! Wouldn't expect something like this from such an expensive "branded" shampoo. 

I don't see Redken selling in normal drugstores, but as mentioned in my last entry, you can get it in Shins if you're interested. :) Maybe I should check out stuff from their "Normal" hair care range instead. Since this is a free product, cannot be so choosy lor...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP