Powered by Blogger.

Good Shopping Times

 Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ok, here's my shopping haul post that I've been talking about! Lumped together stuff that I bought in pharmacies here and from Thailand. And just for fun, some random accessories that I bought when I was in Bangkok!

As much as I've been haul-ing, I'm also pretty confident that my "own little drugstore" (husband's words, not mine) supply has been dwindling. Been getting more diligent at actually using the stuff and reviewing. No worries, not pouring them down the drain. :P

Without further ado.... (I love haul posts, so much fun!)


1. At the Airport + Boots + Xmas Present
a. Glossed For Words from Soap & Glory. This Xmas set of 5 "Sexy Mother Puckers" cost about RM50-ish. Not too sure. :S I bought it even though I have lots of lipglosses because you can't find the Sexy Mother Pucker in Sephora Malaysia. :P Also, as an Xmas set, it was cheaper than if I tried all 5 colors in the original full size. Thought of giving it away as a gift too, but wound up too attached to this. :P

b. So many travel exclusives that I wanted to get at the airport!!!! I was debating between the Burberry Brit Sheer travel exclusive and the Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Cherry Blossom. In the end I only bought the Burberry Brit Sheer because I bought the Viktor & Rolf Spice Bomb perfume for my hubby as well. Forgot the price, but I remember the EA one was about RM150, and this was slightly more expensive.

c. Nars blush in Orgasm - I think this and Deep Throat are the most wearable shades. Ok, I debated over getting Super Orgasm too. Why get an Orgasm when you can get a Super Orgasm amirite???? To my uneducated eyes, the only difference is that the Super Orgasm is a LOT more glittery and shimmery. In the end, decided that Orgasm was a more sensible choice that I would get more mileage out of. I think this cost about RM100.

d. The Bobbi Brown Caviar & Pearl eyeshadow set is from my sister and BIL. :O So unexpected, and such a pricey gift (considering they got my husband a sketch book, hahahaha). The colors are very neutral, suitable for an OL look. Love it already! My first makeup from Bobbi Brown...


2. Guardian
a. Aussino bath towel that cost RM19.90 because of some purhase-with-purchase thing that they had going on. So nice, lavender colored! Not very absorbent though... *angers*

b. Johnson & Johnson baby powder. Can't do without my baby powder though my husband trying to wean me off it because he says I spill it and cause him to nearly slip and fall. That reminds me of the time when I was younger and my sis and I would pour baby powder all over the terazzo tiles at home and "skate" all over the slippery floor. Omg, good times! :D

c. A new box of My Beauty Diary sheet masks! I love the sets that they have, because they let you try a lot of different types of mask in their arsenal. I know that I said I'm giving up on sheet masks, but MBD masks are really good and right up my alley. One box about RM60 thereabouts.

d. You can ignore the Colgate toothbrush... but I have to say, it's less than RM3! So cheap....

e. Rimmel lipgloss + mascara combo that only came up to RM22. WHERE GOT MASCARA + LIPGLOSS FROM RIMMEL SO CHEAP ONE!!! I tried a lot of Rimmel mascaras thanks to Yuberactive last time, and now I have yet another one, hahhah. Oh yeah, another one of my beauty resolutions is to wear mascara more often! Just because I have a lot of mascaras to use. You might suggest that I sell or give it away instead, but all have been used at least once or twice. Don't think it's very hygienic to sell off your mascaras....

f. Two tubes of Wuta Kamilla skin care cream, because it was buy one free one. I've seen the Wuta Kamilla products around and was always interested to try it because it looks cute (wtf)... but damn it's expensive. Even with buy 1 free 1 promotion, I still feel it's very expensive because it's about RM22 for ONE tube. RM11 for one tube is pretty steep for me considering that is moisturising lotion? It's for sensitive skin, I know... but still? Even Sebamed is not this pricey! Or is this for special usage only, not daily? It doesn't really say. :S



3. Watsons 
So I thought that I had tonnnnnnnnnnes of credit on my Watsons VIP card, and they sent out an email blast saying that all points collected would expire on 31st December 2012. Of course I rushed to cash out, convinced that I had "at least RM50" (that's what I told my husband). This was what I bought, and then nearly vomitted blood when found out I only had RM8 in store credits.

a. Watsons Wet Wipes are my fave due to the scent. I much prefer their in-house wet wipes compared to Guardian's one. Got the grapefruit & jasmine scented ones this time, which means I've pretty much tried 'em all. It costs slightly less than RM5 for a pack of 3, and sometimes there are promotions, so you can get them even cheaper. Like buy 1 pack and get RM1 off the second pack.

b. The cute panda packaging for Bye Bye Bag Hydro eye masks caught my attention, so I got it too, though it's pretty pricey. About RM8, haven't used it yet. If it makes my panda bags go away, I'll be sure to tell you.

c. Two more boxes of Biore pore strips from their aroma collection. I just love the aroma collection though it's about RM12 each box!! This time they have it in Apricot & Jasmine scents. Getting very creative. By the way, I used a Biore pore strip on my husband a few nights ago, and we were both really fascinated by all the icky buggers we managed to extract out. Seriously, I've not had so many black/white heads extracted out in a longggg time (think : teenage years when I first found out about this). I feel like using him to review some of my pore strips in the future. Hahaha.... :P Cos can detail the effectiveness better mah...

d. Two in-house masks from Watsons since they had a buy 1 free 1 promotion. Their in-house masks are pretty decent considering the price. Got the rose revitalizing face mask and the anti-aging tomato one. :) About RM5 for one piece, if not mistaken.


4. Thailand Boots + Gourmet Market
Wheee... if you came for the Thailand haul bits, here you go! I honestly didn't get as many things as I did last time because I find that the Boots range didn't change dramatically from the last time I was there. Most of the stuff is stuff I've seen before. It's also pricier than I remember! Even if I take RM10 = 100 baht, when in fact the exchange is slightly higher. Sigh... also, some of the nice stuff I bought last time that I wanted to repurchase seem to be out-of-stock. They used to have this milk body wash that was very very nice.... sigh!!

a. Bought the Berli Pops Honey Orange Smoothie 3-In-1 Facial Foam because I ran out of face wash samples by the 3rd day I was there. So wasted lah! If only I had more face wash samples (wtf). This was not toooo expensive (I purposely scoured the items in the bottom most shelf for cheaper stuff), about 90baht, me thinks. It's also pretty good and nice smelling, so hey, a pretty good discovery. Will review it further later.

b. I saw the Boots Vanishing Day Cream the last time I came here, but did not have the heart to part with the moolah. It absorbs very quickly and smells nice, so I decided to get it this time around.

c. Got the two Biore shower gels in the Gourmet Market supermarket @ Siam Paragon. One in Sparkling Apple and one in Sakura Sensation. I don't think they are selling this in Malaysia, are they? Anyway, both are scents that I have not tried before in the shower... and yes, they smell pretty nice and refreshing out of the bottle!

d. 3 Boots Body Scrubs :  I got Tomato & Tangerine (Moisturising & Brightening), Lemongrass & Tamarind (Refreshing & Reviving) and Jasmine & Jasmine Rice (Moisturising & Calming). As always, I choose base on scents and not by what they claim to do, hahhaa. They have more types, if you have the chance to check it out, you will definitely find some combination you fancy.

e. 3 Boots shower creams from their Natural Collection. I like it because of the "hook" bottle shape - can hang it in the shower easily. :) Each bottle is 250ml, and I chose Ice Musk, Wild Strawberry and Mango & Papaya. All based on smell-test in the store, hahhaha. As with the body scrubs, this was also on a buy 2 free 1 promotion.


5. Thailand Gourmet Market + Pressies!! 
a. Got the Irish Spring Body Wash from the Gourmet Market as well! Hubby picked this up, I guess he wants to use it too. At first, I thought Irish Spring was the scent, but it seems to be the brand. It looks very tingly and refreshing!

b. Gifts from Dull!! For my birthday! I cannot believe she got me all these Boots stuff, and so happens it's not any that I bought (because I didn't see them there!). One is the Natural Collection body spray in Wild Strawberry (and I have the shower cream! So matchy-matchy) and the other is a Zingy Berry shower gel! She also gave me two Dazzle Dust pots from Barry M. She kept raving about them last time, but I didn't check it out (online purchases with no free shipping a bit sien for me), so I'm glad she gave me these two!




5. Thailand Boots
Left this Biore pore strips out in the earlier picture! Another pore pack to add to my collection. This one comes in a combination of sakura and green tea scent. So Japanese...


6.  Some funky hair bands from Thailand. Combination from Siam Square and Platinum Fashion Mall. There's more that I wanted to buy, but it's not super cheap. Still cheaper than what they are selling here lah. E.g: the cat ears hairband is selling here for nearly RM50. In Siam Square, you can get for RM19 and less if you buy more stuff!


7. This seems to the style for costume jewelry now. Most of the store in Platinum Fashion Mall and Siam Square is selling like this... and so are Forever 21 and Diva! It's much cheaper in Thailand of course. Average price of the above is like RM14- RM16. Sure you can get even cheaper if you buy in bulk. My bargaining skills aren't good, and generally they aren't very friendly if you only buy one or two pieces. :(

Not so sure about the bejewelled collar necklaces though. Not sure how to werk it. :S

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP