Powered by Blogger.

Birthday Gifts? I Think I Nailed It This Year. ;)

 Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My friends' birthday(s) are coming up and I had run out of ideas on what to get them. All kinds of body care, hand care, make-up had been bought before. I was looking for something totally different, and decided to randomly pop into the Shins store near my house. I have maybe only visited Shins ONE other time before this, so I had no idea what they were selling. I had a vague idea that they have make-up and shampoo and stuff. I was so happy to see so many gift ideas available there!

Most of the stuff sold there are imported from Korea, Japan, UK... They have Bloom cosmetics, they have Redken shampoo (among the more famous brands).. and they have lots and lots of OPI sets! I ended up getting these two for my friends :


I got Fuzzy the latest Mariah Carey mini OPI set. According to the SA, the "liquid sand" OPI nail polish is the latest from OPI's range. For Dull, I got her the Serena Glam Slam set which features two full-size OPI bottles.


I find that the bright flash is a better representation of the colors. The Mariah Carey set's 4 colors are :
Get Your Number : Wearing this matte blue with sparkles is a great call
Can't Let Go : Hold on to this matte purple with with dazzling sparkle
The Impossible : This matte fuschia with star confetti will never give up
Stay The Night : Make it last in this matte black with red glints

Fuzzy actually started using the nail polish right after she opened the present. She liked the Get Your Number and Stay The Night colors the best. Get Your Number is a pretty, sparkly metallic blue but it looks more muted because of the "liquid sand". Stay The Night really isn't that black! It looks more like a dark brown, maybe because of the red glitters. However, Fuzz says she can't get used to the "rough" feeling of the liquid sand. She said perhaps a top coat would smoothen things out. As I had none on hand... :(
 


The two colors in the Serena Glam Slam are "Grape Set Match" and "Servin' Up Sparkle". I bought it mainly because I loveeeee the Sparkle one!! And rich purple colors are always so elegant and wearable. I think Dull will really love this! 

I saw a lot of other cool OPI sets while I was in Shins. Might check some out for MYSELF next time. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP