Powered by Blogger.

Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude EDP

 Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude EDP was a Christmas present from my then boyfriend (now husband)... who bought it so that he could purchase the Estee Lauder x Michael Kors blockbuster set at a cheaper price. :) I was so pampered that year! :) However, my hubby being my hubby... he didn't really bother to smell how the perfume is like. He just agreed with the SA and didn't check whether it is something that I would usually wear. I think he was just highly embarassed to be mooching around the beauty counter, so he just wanted to select everything and run off!



Now, when I wear this perfume, my husband sometimes ask me what is the perfume I'm wearing. -___- So insincere.

Worse still is when he says it smells funny. It definitely is a perfume that takes some getting used to!

The perfume bottle is a bit awkward to hold in one hand. It is pretty big and cumbersome. I actually have to use two hands when I spray it on myself, because I'm afraid that I might drop it on the floor. I do like the bottle cover though, it is heavy and looks classy. And the perfume name itself.... hmmm... what a weird name for a perfume! It sounds a bit ham sap (perverted), and at the same time - nonsensical. As I think of the meaning of "sensuous" as "aesthetically pleasing to the senses", I hate to think of someone who would be nude, but not be sensuous. Maybe I'm just overthinking this. 

To me, the perfume smells a bit herbal, and it's only when it reaches the base notes that I feel more comfortable in it. THEN it feels a bit more sensual, a bit more sexy. However, it seems like a very generic base note, so it's nothing special. The top notes are like... ugh! Memorable in a bad way! Some are saying that it smells like coconut. No way! I don't detect that at all?!?! It's definitely not a tropical-like fragrance to me. It feels like a fragrance more suitable for an older woman. By that, I mean someone in her 50s. 

Top notes: Sicilian bergamot, mandarin, black and pink pepper.
Middle notes: Jasmine, lily of the valley, coconut water, honey drops, musk
Base notes : Sandalwood, vanilla, amber, heliotrope and woody notes

Currently I wear it to work or for dinner appointments. By the time I reach my destination, that "spicy" top note has usually toned down a fair bit. I promise you, you can scare people with the top notes of this perfume... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP