Powered by Blogger.

Monday Masks : Little Twin Stars x Sophie Monk Pomegranate Pearl Deep Whitening Mask (2 Step Whitening Mask)

 Monday, January 28, 2013

Something I bought in Singapore due to the "cute factor" in the packaging - Little Twin Stars x Sophie Monk Pomegranate Pearl Deep Whitening Mask. I remember that the price after conversion is nearly RM10. RM10 for a mask?! I flipped, but consoled myself with the fact that it is a two-step mask. After the normal sheet mask application, there is some additional whitening essence thingamajig to apply. Did I mention that I am "against" whitening masks? And yet I seem to keep using it? I distinctly remember that I had no choice - I really wanted to try the Little Twin Stars mask, but this was the only one available at that time.


The Little Twin Stars mask was a pretty good fit --- it could extend to the sides of my face, but I guess it was a bit of a tight fit cos there's air pockets between my nose and near my cheeks. Actually, I kinda blame that on the fact that I tried to smile for the picture, haha. I always try to smile in the photo but it always comes out glum as anything. Take note, I'm actually happy! The mask is very thin, but strong. It contains the essence well and without any wastage (dripping).

 

After the mask, I was actually shocked  to see that my face is actually VISIBLY brighter. It was shocking! I really felt like I had bleached my face. Unlike other whitening masks that feel stinging against my face, I did not encounter the same with Little Twin Stars, which was a really pleasant surprise! I wish that I had a better before / after picture for comparison, but I stupidly took the before pics under yellow lighting. Of course I look "whiter" in comparison. -_-" My skintone was more evened out, and face felt smooth, soft and pampered.


Then on to the 2nd step! I squeezed out what was in the upper portion of the mask sachet, and it looks like this :


Basically, just apply it like a night cream and that's it! It's not a mask, need not wash it off. Wake up the next day feeling baby soft skin on the face. A real treat for my face! But at such an "amazing" price, I don't know if I could bear to buy another one. Then again, it really works...

I think I've mentioned before on how pearls are said to be beneficial for our skin, but how about pomegranates? Pomegranates are known throughout history for being a "miracle" fruit and plays an important part in Greek mythology as well. The fruit is filled with antioxidants and people have found that applying pomegranate oil really helps in healing your skin faster. How this helps in deep whitening, I am not sure! All the instructions and descriptions were in Japanese, so I was unable to decipher it for you all..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP