Powered by Blogger.

Lipstick Sundays : Life On The A List

 Sunday, June 9, 2013

Before I start off my usual Lipstick Sundays post, I just want to say that... Benefit Cosmetics is having a sale at the moment, and if you key in SNEAKPEEK during the checkout, you only need USD$90 to qualify for free international shipping instead of the usual $125 limit. =) I didn't really have much intentions to splurge... initially. But nowadays I feel so un-motivated to online shop for clothes (cos out of shape), so I usually end up browsing the beauty selections. I finally got my "lust list" Thrrrob blusher during the sale, and when I was browsing around, I found that they also have "last chance" offers for sets that they won't produce anymore. One thing that I noticed about most of their make-up sets is that the lipgloss that they bung in is "Life On The A List".

A LOT of people rave about this ultra shine from Benefit, saying that it's such a perfect color, such a go-to shade, etc etc etc. In the end, I didn't want to spring for a full-size ultra shine, so I was glad that a set that I picked out in the last chance page had a mini sample of it. Score! Or so I thought... til I checked my Ticket to Glossytown set and I already have it. Doh!

I really should keep a better inventory of my stuff. I never really noticed it before because I had automatically classified it as an "unwearable" shade because it's really more towards a nude lippie than a "bubblegum pink" (that's what Benefit calls it!). I really dislike nude lippies because I feel like it makes me look so pale, it can't hide my chapped lips well (er... cos it's so see-thru, lol) and it just doesn't suit my skin color.

So here is how it looks like :



It looks like such a sweet, pink color, doesn't it? But super, super light. I think it would look nice on Caucasian ladies. But since I'm more olive-beige than white, I really think it makes me look like I'm on a sick bed. It completely washes out my entire face and makesme look sooooo.... un-made up. Sorry for the depressed looking faces, I guess I wasn't in the mood after putting it on, hahaha.




Some might even think that I have no lippie on... I assure you that the condition of my lips are terrible, so I'm thankful for that bit of glossiness and moisturising effect. No complaints on the brush (a silky, brush -fibrous- tip) and it goes on smoothly, like my other ultra shines. Only the shade! And I can't believe another one is coming my way. Thank goodness I really didn't spring for the full-size. Probably going to give away the new one!

For previous Ultra Shine reviews, check out:
So Frisk Me
Kiss You

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP