Powered by Blogger.

Palmolive Aromatherapy in Absolute Relax

 Saturday, October 1, 2011


Second part of my Hong Kong Sample Series, and it's a sachet of body wash from Palmolive! This one is from their Aromatherapy series, and it's called "Absolute Relax". I thought that it was apt to use this in the evenings, and when I got off the plane. Creates a peaceful mood in the shower when you've had a busy day out running about!

FYI, I had to wake up at 2:45am in order to catch my (too) early flight to Hong Kong! It was madness! I think I still haven't fully recovered from the ordeal.

Anyway - the shower gel is a very pale lavender color and it really did help me relax in the shower. The scent is pleasing and subtle - and the shower gel leaves a clean and refresed feeling. The scent is not very long lasting on the skin - after all, the scent is for the aromatherapy for you in the shower, and then that's it. However, due to the essential oils contained in the shower gel, you will have breathed in oil molecules that can be beneficial to you.

The shower gel says that the secret of the absolute relaxation is in the ylang ylang oil and the iris extract, so I had to find out more about it.

According to this website, ylang ylang oil is "Use to calm breathing, for high blood pressure, and to treat impotence (frigidity). Ylang-Ylang means ‘Flower of Flowers’ and is an exotic, aphrodisiac floral." I couldn't find anything useful regarding the iris extract though, apparently the iris flower does contain a very small amount of vitamin C, but it's mainly used in cosmetic products just for its scent.

I only managed to get 2 uses from this small sachet, but it was a pleasant enough experience. However, I've had experience with Palmolive before and I generally break out into a rash with a prolonged use of this product, therefore this would not be a repurchase for me. Thanks for the free sample, though. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP